According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "5G Infrastructure Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global 5G infrastructure market grew at a CAGR of around 52% during 2014-2019. 5G infrastructure refers to the 5th generation of mobile networks that is a significant evolution of 4G LTE networks. It comprises a network of macro and small cell base stations that are used for integrating telecom, computer as well as storage resources into a unified system. It is intricately designed to cater to the massive requirements of data connectivity from multiple sectors. Consisting of a combination of Radio Access Network (RAN), core network, and backhaul and transport, it largely depends upon software-defined networking (SDN), mobile edge computing (MEC), network functions virtualization (NFV), and fog computing (FC) technologies. The infrastructure assists in enhancing the overall agility and scalability of networks while supporting throughput, high mobility and multi-gigabit per second (Gbps) peak data speed. As a result, it is widely being deployed across the globe for numerous application segments.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global 5G Infrastructure Market Growth Drivers Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising demand for high-speed internet connection with superior network reliability on the global level. This has led to a significant increase in government funding to develop the overall telecommunication infrastructure. Coupled with the proliferation of numerous smart electronics, this is providing a thrust to the market growth. Along with this, there has been a rise in the trend of industrial automation which is catalyzing the demand for uninterrupted internet connection for a vast array of diverse applications.
The market is further driven by the increasing need for fast internet connectivity with improved network dependency in the healthcare sector. This can be accredited to a considerable rise in the use of high-speed internet connection for remote diagnosis and critical patient surgeries without any interruptions in the sector. However, the mandatory lockdowns imposed across numerous countries on account of the rapid outbreak of COVID-19 have caused disruptions in the trials and testing processes that is required for the implementation of a 5G infrastructure. The delay in the processing of network performance is, therefore, anticipated to hinder the expansion of the market for the time being. Nonetheless, the rapid expansion of smart cities, an increasing demand for driverless automobiles and the rising shift toward instant cloud computing are some of the few factors that are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to witness robust growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the communication infrastructure, the market has been divided into small cell, macro cell, radio access network (RAN), and others.
- Based on the network technology, the market has been classified into software-defined networking, network function virtualization and others.
- On the basis of the network architecture, the market has been bifurcated into standalone and non-standalone.
- Based on the frequency, the market has been categorized into sub-6 GHz and above 6 GHz.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into automotive, energy and utilities, healthcare, home user, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Airspan Networks Inc., AT&T Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Mavenir Systems Inc., NEC Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Telefonaktiebolaget L M Ericsson and ZTE Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800