As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “5G Infrastructure Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global 5G infrastructure market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 49.4% during 2022-2027. 5G (fifth generation) infrastructure is a network of macro and small cell base stations that provides low latency coverage for big data streams that power various applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT) devices, semi-autonomous vehicles, and augmented reality (AR). These cell base stations are designed to blend in with the existing landscape, occupy minimal space, and enable continuous connection to the macro network that provides wide-area coverage. Moreover, 5G infrastructure primarily relies on software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), mobile edge computing (MEC), and fog computing (FC) technologies that increase agility, improve scalability, and support high mobility.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.?
Global 5G Infrastructure Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the escalating demand for high-speed data and superior network reliability. In addition, the rising trend of automation across various industries is increasing the adoption of 5G infrastructure to enhance operational efficiency and accuracy of industrial procedures. Apart from this, 5G networks are widely adopted in the healthcare industry for monitoring medical procedures remotely and providing critical care treatment. This, coupled with the introduction of driverless automobiles and smart electronic devices, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, 5G networks are also utilized for the internet of things (IoT) devices, semi-autonomous vehicles, augmented reality (AR), smart grids, kitchen appliances, and climate control systems due to their low latency and high-speed data transmission properties. Furthermore, the increasing number of smart cities across the globe, the growing consumer inclination toward live streaming, video calling, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) gaming, the rising popularity of precision farming, and the advent of instant cloud computing technologies are some of the other factors propelling the market growth.
- On the basis of the communication infrastructure, the market has been segregated into small cell, macro cell, radio access networks (RAN), and others.
- Based on the network technology, the market has been categorized into software-defined networking, network function virtualization, and others.
- On the basis of the frequency, the market has been bifurcated into sub-6 GHz and above 6 GHz.
- The market has been classified based on the end user into automotive, energy and utilities, healthcare, home user, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Airspan Networks Inc., AT&T Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Mavenir Systems Inc. (Comverse Technology), NEC Corporation, Nokia Oyj, Oracle Corporation, Telefonaktiebolaget L M Ericsson, ZTE Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800