As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Acne Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global acne drugs market reached a value of US$ 6.1 Billion in 2021. Acne is a dermatological condition that occurs when the hair follicles in the skin get clogged by sebum, dead skin cells and harmful bacteria. Although it is most common among teenagers, it can affect people of all ages. Factors like emotional stress, hot and humid climate and hormonal fluctuations during puberty can cause the onset of acne by enlarging oil glands under the skin. Acne drugs are used for treating bacterial infections or reduce oil production in the skin, which helps lower the occurrence of acne. These drugs include lifestyle remedies, topical and oral medicines, and medical procedures.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Acne Drugs Market Trends:
Acne is one of the most prevalent skin diseases globally and is estimated to affect 9.4% of the population worldwide. Along with this, the increasing prevalence of skin-related diseases due to genetic factors or heavy cosmetics has led to a significant rise in the demand for acne drugs across the globe. Moreover, dermatologists and researchers are developing safer and more advanced treatment drugs with a better understanding of acne pathology. For instance, Paratek and Allergen developed Sarecycline, an oral tetracycline-class drug, for which a tablet formulation is approved in the USA for the treatment of inflammatory lesions of non-modular moderate to severe acne vulgaris. Some of the other medications prescribed by dermatologists include topical retinoids, topical antibiotics, azelaic acid and antibiotic tablets, which are commonly used to treat moderate to severe acne. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period (2022-2027)
- Based on the acne type, the market has been segmented into comedonal, inflammatory, cystic and postsurgical/wound.
- On the basis of the drug class, the market has been categorized into retinoids, antibiotics, hormonal agents, combination drugs and others.
- The market has been bifurcated based on the drug type into over the counter (OTC) and prescription drugs.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been classified into topical, oral and injectable.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Allergan Plc, Bausch Health Companies Inc., Bayer Aktiengesellschaft, Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc., Galderma Holding SA, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800