According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Activated Alumina Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global activated alumina market reached a value of US$ 955.0 Million in 2021. Activated alumina is a highly adsorptive, permeable, dry, or granular form of aluminium oxide (Al2O3) chemical, which is extensively used as a desiccant, absorbent, and catalyst. It offers various benefits, such as superior surface-area-to-weight ratio, low abrasion, low-pressure drops, better crush strength, exceptional sorption capacity, and high stability over a wide pH range. Along with this, activated alumina comprises a strong affinity and resistance to thermal shocks, does not disintegrate upon immersion in water, and can be regenerated through heated compressed air in high-temperature or alkaline environments. Based on these properties, activated alumina finds extensive applications in pneumatic operations, bioceramics, water treatment, and charging materials in fore line traps.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Activated Alumina Trends:
The widespread adoption of activated alumina across various industrial verticals can be attributed to the increasing need for porous chemical compounds in the form of fluoride absorbents, catalysts and desiccants. In line with this, the growing demand for decontaminated water has prompted governments of several countries to promote the uptake of activated alumina for water treatment purposes, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. These compounds are widely used as absorbents and point-of-use devices, which aid in absorbing contaminates instead of filtering them. Moreover, the extensive activated alumina usage in vacuum systems, food preservatives, catalysis, batteries, glass, lubricating greases, air treatment, and lithium purification is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, activated alumina is corrosion resistant and durable in nature; therefore, it finds extensive usage in bone and dental implant manufacturing. Other factors, such as escalating product utilization in refinery projects, growing awareness amongst manufacturers regarding its various benefits, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,313.6 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into catalyst, desiccant, absorbent and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into water treatment, pharmaceutical, textile, oil and gas, chemical and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been bifurcated into powder and beads.
- Based on the mesh size, the market has been categorized into 80-150, 150-300 and above 300 mesh.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States
, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being AGC Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Axens, BASF SE, Dynamic Adsorbents Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Huber Engineered Materials, Jiangxi Sanxin Hi-Tech Ceramics Co. Ltd., Porocel Industries, Shandong Zhongxin New Material Technology Co. Ltd., Sialca Industries, Sorbead India, Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd., etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal