According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Active Optical Cable Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global active optical cable market size reached US$ 2,176.5 Million in 2021. Active optical cables (AOCs) are transceiver products that convert electrical signals into optical signals to transmit data between sources and displays using fiber optic cables. They offer various advantages over copper cables, such as low power consumption, higher bandwidth, and enhanced performance. These cables can also simplify a setup by eliminating power delivery issues and electromagnetic interference. As a result, AOCs interconnect applications, multi-line data communications, and accelerate storage, data, and high-performance computing.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Active Optical Cable Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for consumer electronics across the globe. In addition, the advent of miniaturized consumer electronics that offer high-quality video resolution displays has escalated the demand for lightweight and thinner active optical cables. Besides this, the market is further propelled by the introduction of various advanced technologies, such as network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN), that assist in reducing network power consumption and provide enhanced life cycles for network hardware. Moreover, there has been widespread adoption of AOCs due to their enhanced virtualized connectivity, minimized errors and cost-effectiveness. Furthermore, the expanding telecom industry and the implementation of various government initiatives to improve the network infrastructure are anticipated to propel the market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 8,223.5 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 23.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the connector type, the market has been classified into QSFP, CXP, CDFP, CFP, SFP, and others.
- Based on technology, the market has been segmented into InfiniBand, Ethernet, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into data centers, high-performance computing, personal computing, digital signages, consumer electronics, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being 3M Company, Amphenol Corporation, Broadcom Inc., EMCORE Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, II-VI Incorporated, International Business Machines Corporation, Lumentum Operations LLC, Molex LLC (Koch Industries Inc.), Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., TE Connectivity and The Siemon Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.