According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Activewear Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global activewear market size reached US$ 371.7 Billion in 2022. Activewear refers to a category of clothing specifically designed for physical activity and exercise. It encompasses a wide range of garments that blend fashion, functionality, and comfort. Activewear is engineered to support movement, enhance performance, and promote overall comfort during various activities, including sports, workouts, yoga, and outdoor adventures. Characterized by its athletic-inspired designs, activewear typically features moisture-wicking fabrics that help manage sweat and keep the body cool and dry. It often includes stretchy materials such as spandex or elastane, which provide flexibility and freedom of movement. Activewear can include items like sports bras, leggings, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, jackets, and athletic shoes. Brands and designers regularly innovate to meet the evolving needs of consumers, incorporating technological advancements and sustainable materials to create high-performance and eco-friendly activewear options.
Global Activewear Market Trends:
The increasing participation in sports and fitness activities, such as yoga and gym workouts, represents a significant factor driving the market growth across the globe. This, coupled with the increasing number of individuals engaging in these activities as part of a healthy lifestyle is driving the need for appropriate clothing, thus acting as a major growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the increasing awareness regarding health and fitness among consumers, along with the rising consciousness among people regarding their physical well-being is contributing to the growth of the market. In addition to this, advancements in fabric technology and manufacturing techniques are facilitating the growth of the market. Moreover, innovations, such as moisture-wicking fabrics, seamless designs, compression wear, and odor-control properties, are enhancing the performance and comfort of activewear, thereby making it more appealing to consumers. This, in turn, is further driving the growth of the market. The wide availability of designer activewear brands and the rising inclination toward running and cycling as preferred outdoor activities are contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the influence of social media and increasing number of celebrity endorsements, changing lifestyle and evolving fashion preferences, and the rise in online retail and e-commerce platforms offering a wide range of product variants at affordable price points, are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 527.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.8% during 2023-2028.
- Based on product type, the market has been segmented into top activewear, bottom activewear, innerwear, swimwear, and outerwear.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been segregated into nylon, polyester, cotton, neoprene, polypropylene, and spandex. Currently, polyester is holding the largest market share across the globe.
- Based on the pricing, the market has been bifurcated into economy and premium.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been segmented into 1 – 15 years, 16 – 30 years, 31 – 44 years, 45 – 64 years, and more than 65 years.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into online stores and offline stores. Presently, offline stores hold the largest market share across the globe.
- The market has been categorized on the basis of the end-user into men, women, and kids. Currently, women is dominating the market across the globe.
- On a geographical front, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Presently, North America is dominating the market across the world.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Adidas AG, ASICS Corporation, Columbia Sportswear Company, DICK's Sporting Goods Inc., Forever 21, Gap Inc., Nike Inc., Puma SE, PVH Corp., Skechers USA Inc., The North Face (VF Corporation) and Under Armour Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Material Type, Pricing, Age Group, Distribution Channel, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adidas AG, ASICS Corporation, Columbia Sportswear Company, DICK's Sporting Goods Inc., Forever 21, Gap Inc., Nike Inc., Puma SE, PVH Corp., Skechers USA Inc., The North Face (VF Corporation) and Under Armour Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800