According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Adhesion Barriers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global adhesion barriers market reached a value of US$ 913 Million in 2021. Adhesion barriers are medical implants that are used to reduce abnormal internal scarring following surgery. They aid in reducing or preventing the incidence, severity and consequences of postoperative adhesions. Widely available in gel, liquid and film formulations, they are applied over a layer of tissues to prevent the formation of scar before sealing them. They are either manufactured using natural materials like collagen, fibrin and proteins or can be produced synthetically with the use of hyaluronic acid, regenerated cellulose and polyethylene glycol. These implants are mostly utilized during numerous surgical procedures, including cardiovascular, orthopedic, abdominal, gynecological, reconstructive and urological surgeries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Adhesion Barriers Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing number of invasive surgical procedures. This can be accredited to the significant rise in the prevalence of chronic lifestyle diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), obesity and gastric ailments among individuals across the globe. Adhesion barriers are widely utilized in various medical procedures to avoid postoperative complications, including extreme discomfort, post-surgical morbidity, bowel obstruction, impaired organ functioning, and chronic pelvic and abdominal pain. This, coupled with the growing awareness regarding the importance of using adhesive barriers after invasive operations, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, extensive research and development (R&D) has led to the introduction of the sheet- and spray-type adhesion barriers with improved efficacy and convenience that are used during laparoscopic procedures. Other factors, such as the rising healthcare expenditures, growing geriatric population, and the increasing incidences of sports-related injuries, are also creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.07% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into synthetic and natural materials.
- Based on the formulation, the market has been divided into film, liquid and gel formulations.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into gynecological, general/abdominal, cardiovascular, orthopedic, neurological, reconstructive, urological and other surgeries.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Atrium Medical Corporation, Baxter International, Inc., Betatech Medical, C. R. Bard, Inc., FzioMed, Inc., LifeSciences Corporation, Medical Devices Business Services, Inc., MAST Biosurgery Inc., and Groupe Sanofi.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800