IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Aerosol Delivery Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global aerosol delivery devices market reached a value of US$
44.4 Billion in 2022. Aerosol delivery devices refer to an advanced method of drug administration wherein a drug is directly delivered to the lungs for a systemic effect. Some commonly used aerosol delivery devices include pressurized metered-dose inhalers, nebulizers, and valved holder chambers. They are generally used as rescue therapy or permanent treatment for various respiratory disorders, such as asthma, obstructive lung diseases, cystic fibrosis (CF), pulmonary arterial hypertension, and infectious pulmonary. They are also utilized in treating non-respiratory conditions, including diabetes, analgesia, thyroid disorders, and genetic diseases. They aid in lowering the dosage requirements, minimizing systemic adverse effects, and improving the ability of patients to self-administer medications. As a result, aerosol delivery devices find extensive applications in drug delivery and treatment of various medical conditions.
Global Aerosol Delivery Devices Market Trends:
The rising incidences of chronic respiratory diseases due to surging air pollution levels, allergens, occupational risks, and unhealthy habits like smoking represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the sudden coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak that causes acute respiratory infections among patients is another major growth-inducing factor. In addition, there has been widespread adoption of aerosol delivery devices in treating obstructive airway diseases at home and in healthcare settings. Along with this, the expanding geriatric population that is more susceptible to developing critical health conditions has augmented the product demand. Besides this, the increasing preferences for personalized drug therapy coupled with the advent of novel macromolecular medications have propelled market growth. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are introducing innovative product variants that assist in treating chronic inflammation and infection in the lungs and improve airway clearance in patients with CF. In line with this, the development of convenient, economical, and portable inhalation devices has accelerated product adoption rates. Apart from this, the rising usage of e-commerce channels for purchasing medical supplies and the availability of mini ultrasonic nebulizers and inhalers that have automatic memory and are easy to use while traveling are providing a positive thrust to the market growth. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$
63.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
5.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been categorized into dry powder inhalers (single and multi-dose inhalers), metered dose inhalers (conventional pressurized and soft mist inhalers), and nebulizers (jet, ultrasonic wave, and vibrating mesh nebulizers).
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, and non-respiratory diseases (diabetes, analgesia, and Parkinson’s disease).
- The market has been classified based on the distribution channel into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and online stores.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Aerogen, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Johnson & Johnson, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Merck & Co. Inc., Metall Zug AG, Recipharm AB (publ), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Vectura Group plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800