According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Aerosol Propellants Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global aerosol propellants market reached a value of US$ 9.0 Billion in 2021. Aerosol propellants refer to compressed or liquified gases stored in a can. It dispenses active ingredients in liquid, paste, or powdered texture in precise spray, foam and stream patterns. The propellant develops the power pressure within the container and expels the product when the valve is open. Some of the used aerosol propellants include inert gases, fluorocarbons, hydrocarbons, hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC), and chlorofluorocarbons (CFC). They are extensively utilized in the formulation of shaving creams, antiperspirants, air freshener, and topical mousses.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Aerosol Propellants Market Trends:
The widespread application of aerosol propellants in household and personal care products represents the key factor driving the market growth. Rapid urbanization in emerging economies, rising disposable income of the consumers, and expansion in the skincare industry are further fueling the market growth. Additionally, aerosol propellants are increasingly being used in the construction and automotive sectors to refurbish cars and repair scratches, which is acting as a growth-inducing factor. Moreover, extensive research and development (R&D) activities to introduce innovative product variants, such as environment-friendly cans with low volatile organic compounds (VOC), are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.13% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into compressed and liquified gas.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into hydrocarbons, fluorocarbons, nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide, dimethyl ether (DME) and ethyl methyl ether, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into personal care, household, medical, automotive, food and beverage, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Aeropres Corporation, AkzoNobel N.V., Arkema S.A., Aztec Aerosols Limited (Instarmac Group Plc), Emirates Gas LLC, Grillo-Werke Aktiengesellschaft, Harp International Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Repsol S.A and Royal Dutch Shell PLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal