According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global aerospace and defense telemetry market size reached US$ 16.5 Billion in 2019. Telemetry refers to an automated method used for wireless transmission of data from a remote object to a command station. Some of the common components used in a telemetry system include a thermal battery, signal conditioning unit, power supply unit, radar transponder, antennas, FM transmitter, master control unit, mechanical housing, and flight termination receiver/decoder. Telemetry finds applications in diverse sectors like industrial, aerospace, defense, and entertainment. Among these, telemetry is used in the field of aerospace for flight testing, space exploration, and real-time monitoring of surroundings in flying objects. The data obtained from these tests is essential for the success of any aeronautical research project. Besides this, telemetry solutions also play a vital role in the defense sector as they aid in recording data during captive carry flights and to send data from the missile to the collection ground station through a radio link or infrared and ultrasonic signals.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market Trends:
The military sector has witnessed growing usage of telemetry due to the increasing penetration of smart weapons and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). In addition to this, there has been a rise in defense spending due to security threats, border security issues, and terrorist threats, which has bolstered the market growth. Moreover, new cost-effective products and services have been launched due to the emergence of Industry 4.0 technologies that convert the existing telemetry systems into advanced alternatives with better sensors and connectivity. This, coupled with the rising number of space-exploration projects, has led key players to offer high-quality and effective systems for the aerospace sector. For instance, BAE Systems, a UK-based defense, aerospace, and security company, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to provide two Tracking, Telemetry and Command Processor (TTCP) systems to the UK-based satellite earth receiving station, Goonhilly Earth Station (GES), at Farnborough International Airshow. Through the link provided by the TTCP, the organization can track all the data with future robotic missions to Mars and the Moon. On account of these factors, the market is expected to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the technology, the market has been categorized into satellite and radio telemetry.
- On the basis of the equipment, data acquisition units account for the majority of the total market share. Other major segments include flight termination receivers, telemetry transmitters, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into guided weapons, aircraft, UAVs, spacecraft, missiles, and others.
- On the basis of the sector, aerospace holds the biggest market share, followed by the defense sector.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, North America, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and Latin America. Among these, North America represents the leading market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with some of the key players being Raytheon Company, AstroNova, Inc., BAE Systems plc, Lockheed Martin Corporation, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Safran SA, Cobham plc, Honeywell International Inc, Thales Group, Kongsberg Gruppen ASA, Orbit Communications Systems Ltd., Dassault Aviation SA, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Leonardo S.p.A., Raytheon Company, AstroNova, Inc., Cobham plc, Honeywell International Inc, Thales Group, and Kongsberg Gruppen ASA.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal