According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Agricultural Chelates Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global agricultural chelates market size reached US$ 665.8 Million in 2022. Agricultural chelates are organic compounds that are used to improve the availability and uptake of essential micronutrients in soil and plants. They are specifically designed to encapsulate and form stable complexes with metal ions and macronutrients, such as calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, cobalt, europium, and copper, which are essential for plant growth and development. By binding with these elements, chelates protect them from precipitation and soil interactions that may limit their bioavailability. Agricultural chelates are commonly used in soil and foliar applications to deliver micronutrients to crops. They are available in various forms, such as EDTA, DTPA, EDDHA, and IDHA, and their efficacy depends on factors such as soil pH, soil organic matter, and water quality.
Global Agricultural Chelates Market Trends:
The increasing focus on agricultural development and the rising demand for high-quality crops with improved growth and yield are primarily driving the global agricultural chelates market growth. Besides this, the expanding use of chelated fertilizers to enhance micronutrient utilization and provide plants with vital nutrients necessary for optimal crop growth and development is supporting the market growth. Moreover, the widespread acceptance of agricultural chelates in modern agriculture due to the escalating awareness about multiple product benefits, such as effectiveness, ease of use, and environmental friendliness, is positively impacting the market growth. In addition to this, the rising consumer concerns about health and the environment are prompting the adoption of organic farming that relies on natural inputs, such as chelates, instead of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, which, in turn, is propelling the market growth. Concurrent with this, the introduction of favorable government policies supporting the adoption of sustainable agriculture practices is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, rapid urbanization, the rising population, decreasing availability of total arable land, the surging demand for food and crop production, and the increasing adoption of hydroponics and greenhouse cultivation are aiding in market expansion. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 989.7 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.58% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into synthetic (EDTA, EDDHA, DTPA, IDHA, and others) and organic (lignosulfonates, aminoacids, heptagluconates, and others).
- On the basis of the crop type, the market has been segregated into grains and cereals, pulses and oilseeds, commercial crops, fruits and vegetables, and turf and ornamentals.
- Based on application, the market is categorized into soil, foliar, fertigation, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Akzo Nobel N.V., Aries Agro Ltd, BASF SE, Dow Inc., Haifa Negev Technologies Ltd., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Nouryon, Nufarm Limited, Protex International SA, The Andersons Inc., Valagro (Syngenta AG), Van Iperen International B.V. and Yara International ASA.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Crop Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Akzo Nobel N.V., Aries Agro Ltd, BASF SE, Dow Inc., Haifa Negev Technologies Ltd., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Nouryon, Nufarm Limited, Protex International SA, The Andersons Inc., Valagro (Syngenta AG), Van Iperen International B.V. and Yara International ASA.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800