According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Agricultural Fumigants Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global agricultural fumigants market size reached US$ 2.3 Billion in 2022. Agricultural fumigants refer to poisonous and volatile substances that are used for eliminating nematodes, insects, and other organisms, which can damage fruits and seeds. They are spread or sprayed over an area and are soaked into the soil to control harmful weeds, bacteria, fungi, and nematodes. Agricultural fumigants can be differentiated into high vapor-pressure and low-pressure compounds. Amongst these, high vapor-pressure fumigants, including ethylene oxide, hydrogen phosphide, methyl bromide, and hydrogen cyanide, can penetrate at a quicker pace and are used for treating storage materials and areas that are sealed in gasproof sheets. On the other hand, low-pressure compounds, which include ethylene dichloride and ethylene dibromide, diffuse slowly. They are utilized as soil fumigants for treating open storage areas. Other than this, agricultural fumigants that are widely applied for maintaining nursery stock include naphthalene, methyl bromide, hydrogen cyanide, and nicotine.
Global Agricultural Fumigants Market Trends:
The expansion in the agricultural and allied industries is one of the primary factors that are driving the global agricultural fumigants market growth. Moreover, farmers and governments across the globe are shifting their focus toward reducing post-harvest loss, which occurs due to the mishandling of freshly harvested agricultural produce, to ensure food security in their respective countries. This shift is, in turn, contributing to the increasing adoption of fumigation activities in the agricultural sector. Moreover, the rising tolerance of insects and pests against existing fumigants has led leading players to invest in the development of suitable alternatives, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, since the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been abrupt lockdown of several storage infrastructures, which led to an increase in the outbreak of pests, insects and rodents in the existing harvest. This is further contributing significantly to the inflating sales of agricultural fumigants. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into methyl bromide, chloropicrin, phosphine, metam sodium, 1,3-dichloropropene, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been segregated into solid, liquid, and gas.
- Based on the crop type, the market has been divided into cereals and grains, oilseeds and pulses, fruits and vegetables, and others.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the application into soil and warehouse.
- On the basis of the pest control method, the market has been segmented into tarpaulin fumigation, non-tarp fumigation by injection, structural fumigation, vacuum chamber fumigation, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been divided into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AMVAC Chemical Corporation, Arkema, BASF SE, Corteva Inc., Detia Degesch GmbH, FMC Corporation, Lanxess AG, Nippon Chemical Industrial Co. Ltd., Nufarm, SGS SA, Syngenta AG (China National Chemical Corporation), Trinity Manufacturing Inc. and UPL Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Form, Crop Type, Application, Pest Control Method, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AMVAC Chemical Corporation, Arkema, BASF SE, Corteva Inc., Detia Degesch GmbH, FMC Corporation, Lanxess AG, Nippon Chemical Industrial Co. Ltd., Nufarm, SGS SA, Syngenta AG (China National Chemical Corporation), Trinity Manufacturing Inc. and UPL Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800