According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Air Ambulance Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global air ambulance market size reached US$ 5.0 Billion in 2021. Air ambulance services are a type of air rescue, medical aid and transportation service provided to patients in an emergency. An air ambulance utilizes a helicopter or an aircraft fitted with medical supplies and equipment to ensure the provision of optimum treatment and convenience when traveling. Some of the common medical supplies in an air ambulance include breathing apparatus, control systems, and defibrillators. The system also involves trained emergency personnel who immediately treats the patient before the ambulance arrives at the nearest hospital. Air ambulances help reduce traffic congestion and are particularly useful in areas impacted by natural disasters, conflicts, and epidemics.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Air Ambulance Market Trends:
The global air ambulance market is being driven by rapid growth in the healthcare sector. As compared to conventional emergency services, air ambulances enable quicker travel and effectively cater to critical medical emergencies, such as car crashes or burns, which is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, cardiac ailments, including heart attacks and other serious health concerns such as brain stroke, demand urgent medical attention, which has created a global requirement for air ambulance services. Moreover, numerous technological advancements, such as the development of online booking platforms, are contributing to the market growth. Other than this, revised emergency healthcare budgets and a growing number of hospitals capable of providing air ambulance services are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach US$ 8.9 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 10.5% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been segmented into aircrafts/airplanes, helicopters, seaplanes and others.
- On the basis of the service, the market has been segmented into hospital services, community services and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into medical care, transport and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being PHI Air Medical, Air Ambulance Specialists, Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance, Express Air Medical Transport, Lifeguard Air Ambulance, Native American Air Ambulance, Metro Aviation Inc., The Royal Flying Doctor Service, REVA Air Ambulance, Yorkshire Air Ambulance, EAA, Capital Air Ambulance, AirMed International.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331