IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Air Ambulance Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, finds that the global ambulance market has witnessed moderate growth in 2018. Air ambulance refers to an aircraft, usually a helicopter or an airplane, which helps in transferring injured or sick patients quickly and comfortably to the nearest hospitals. Similar to the traditional ambulance, an air ambulance is equipped with the advanced life support system, medications, flight stretcher and highly trained medical staff. These trained medical personnel aid in monitoring and performing necessary pre-hospitalization care of the patient.
Global Air Ambulance Market Trends:
As compared to a regular ambulance, an air ambulance is faster and has a higher capacity, which provides immediate medical care to the patients in a short period of time. There has been a continuous increase in the number of accidents in recent years, which is consequently resulting in the rising cases of severe physical and psychological trauma. This, in turn, is creating a huge demand for air ambulance, which enables emergency response teams to facilitate emergency services for critically ill patients and transferring them to an advanced health care facility. Also, air ambulance nullifies the risk of organ damage during transportation, especially when organs are urgently needed in life-saving transplant surgeries. Apart from this, advancements made in the healthcare industry have further led to the improvement of air ambulance services, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period (2019-2024).
- Based on the vehicle type, the market has been segmented into aircrafts/airplanes, helicopters, seaplanes and others.
- On the basis of the service type, the market has been classified into hospital, community and other services.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into medical care, transport and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined with some of the key players being PHI Air Medical, Inc., Air Ambulance Specialists Inc., Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance, Express Air Medical Transport, Lifeguard Air Ambulance, Inc., Native American Air Ambulance, Inc., Metro Aviation Inc., Royal Flying Doctor Service, REVA Inc., Yorkshire Air Ambulance Ltd., Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), Capital Air Ambulance and AirMed International, LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331