As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global air cargo security and screening systems market size was estimated to be US$ 607 Million in 2018. Airports are installed with air cargo security and screening systems for inspecting and screening cargo consignments. These systems check for the presence of unlawful or hazardous items in the cargo. They are also utilized to inspect the compliance of a shipment with safety and business protocols. These systems handle large volumes of cargo relatively quickly and more efficiently than manual examination. With the growing number of airlines, along with increasing global trade, the demand for air cargo screening and security systems is being propelled worldwide.
Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the market growth is the rising threat of security breaches and terrorist attacks on a global level. As security and screening systems can scan high volumes of cargo in a short time and can effectively detect illegal items including firearms, narcotics and explosives, their demand is steadily increasing. Moreover, these systems are being equipped with advanced technologies to offer improved threat detection capabilities and operational efficiency. For instance, the United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has now approved VOTI XR3D-6D X-ray scanner that provides a three-dimensional image which can be viewed and rotated for a more thorough analysis. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ 832 Million by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period (2019-2024).
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been divided as X-ray systems, explosive trace detection (ETD) and explosive detection systems (EDS). Amongst these, EDS represents the leading segment.
- Based on the size of screening systems, the market has been categorized into systems for small cargo, break and pallet cargo, and oversized cargo.
- On the basis of the application, explosive detection exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major segments include narcotics detection, and metal and contraband detection.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. At present, Asia Pacific holds the largest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been studied with some of the major players being 3DX-RAY, American Science and Engineering, L-3 Communications Security and Detection Systems, Inc, Morpho Detection, LLC, Rapiscan Systems, Armstrong Monitoring, Astrophysics, Inc., CEIA, Autoclear LLC and Gilardoni.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal