According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Air Freshener Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the air freshener market size reached US$ 9.07 Billion in 2020. An air freshener refers to a type of consumer product utilized to emit fragrance in private spaces, automobiles, or commercial interiors, such as hallways, restrooms, lobbies, and foyers. It is commercially available in the forms of oils, sprays, gels, candles, beads, and hanging disks. Air freshener disperses volatile chemicals, like adsorbents, disinfectants, preservatives, oxidizers, surfactants, aerosol propellants, and glycol ether solvents. These substances easily change from liquid to gas at room temperature, which aids in absorbing and masking unpleasant odors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Air Freshener Market Trends:
The rising concerns over indoor air quality are majorly inflating the sales of air fresheners across the globe. In line with this, rapid urbanization and a significant rise in the construction of luxury homes are fueling the demand for premium air fresheners. Moreover, the widespread product adoption in the healthcare sector to cover the odor of chemicals and bacteria is acting as a growth-inducing factor. Other than this, the rising improvement in transportation facilities, such as cars, buses, taxis, trains, and airplanes, has intensified the need for air fresheners, which is supporting the market growth. Additionally, several product innovations, including sustainable and eco-friendly products with odor eliminators, aromatic compounds, and neutralizing properties, are contributing to the market growth. Continuous investments in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce natural air fresheners with enhanced functionalities, ingredients, and packaging formats are creating a positive outlook for the market further. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 3.30% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the product type, the market has been divided into sprays or aerosols, electric, gels, candles air fresheners, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into residential, corporate, cars, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, pharmacies, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being California Scents (Energizer Holdings Inc), Church & Dwight Inc., Farcent Enterprise Co. Ltd., Godrej Consumer Products Limited (The Godrej Group), Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Newell Brands, Procter & Gamble, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc. and S. C. Johnson & Son Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800