According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Air Handling Unit (AHU) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global air handling unit market witnessed moderate growth during 2015-2020. An air handling unit (AHU) is used for regulating and reconditioning air as a part of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. There are majorly three types of AHUs available in the market, namely, terminal, makeup air, and rooftop units. This equipment maintains the indoor air quality by removing exhaust air from an enclosed space. An AHU involves a metallic frame that contains filter racks, blowers, dampers, heating or cooling elements, and sound attenuators. It is installed in a ductwork ventilation system that distributes the conditioned air throughout the building before returning to the AHU for reconditioning.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Air Handling Unit Market Trends:
The significant growth in the HVAC industry is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. AHUs form an integral component of the overall air conditioning system, which is escalating their demand across the HVAC industry. Moreover, the increasing consumer awareness regarding the hazardous effects of toxic air pollutants, including the onset of various medical and respiratory disorders, has enabled the worldwide adoption of central air filtration systems. Additionally, leading players are advancing air conditioning technology by integrating sensors and 3D printed units, which is driving the market toward growth. Other factors, such as the increasing need for energy-efficient solutions, the emerging trend of smart cities, and rapid industrialization, especially in developing economies, are catalyzing the market growth further. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into packaged, modular, custom, DX integrated, low profile (ceiling), rooftop mounted and others.
- Based on the capacity, the market has been classified into ≤ 5000 m3/h, 5001–15000 m3/h, 15001–30000 m3/h, 30001–50000 m3/h, and ≥ 50001 m3/h.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into the non-residential and residential sectors.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined, with some of the key players being Systemair AB, Carrier Global Corporation, CIAT Group, Daikin Industries, Ltd., FläktGroup Holding GmbH, GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, VTS Polska Sp., Johnson Controls, Inc., Lennox International Inc., Sabiana S.p.A., Swegon Group AB, Trane Technologies Company, LLC, and TROX GROUP.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal