According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Air Traffic Management Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global air traffic management market size reached US$ 15.1 Billion in 2022. Air traffic management (ATM) comprises a wide range of activities and technologies to manage air traffic from departure to arrival. It plays a crucial role in maintaining the efficiency, orderly movement within the airspace, and the safety of aircraft, passengers, and crew, while also maximizing the capacity of airspace and airports. ATM also involves managing and optimizing the flow of air traffic, taking into account factors like weather conditions, airspace restrictions, and airport capacity. Air traffic controllers monitor and direct aircraft, ensuring efficient routes, proper sequencing, and timely departures and arrivals. Technological advancements, such as automation, artificial intelligence (AI), and data analytics, are continually improving ATM systems, making them more efficient and capable of handling increasing air traffic demands.
Global Air Traffic Management Market Trends:
Air transportation is a vital and efficient mode of travel, offering speed and safety for passengers worldwide. The growth of the global population, the expanding economy, and the increased affordability of air travel has led to a significant surge in air passenger traffic, necessitating efficient ATM systems. In addition to this, governments of various countries are extensively investing in expanding airport infrastructure and the construction of new airport facilities, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the rising cyber threats are impelling the adoption of advanced ATM technologies and practices, which is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Concurrent with this, the large-scale integration of information and communications technology (ICT) into ATM systems and the adoption of satellite-based air traffic control (ATC) systems are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, ongoing technological advancements, such as automation, AI, machine learning (ML), and data analytics, have facilitated the development of more efficient ATM systems to enhance safety, capacity, and operational efficiency, which are aiding market expansion. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 26.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.5 % during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the domain, the market has been divided into air traffic control, air traffic flow management, and aeronautical information management. Currently, air traffic control dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on the component, the market is bifurcated into hardware and software. Between these, hardware represent the biggest market segment.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into communication, navigation, surveillance, and automation.
- Based on the end user, the market is categorized into commercial and military.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Presently, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Adacel Technologies Limited, Advanced Navigation and Positioning Corporation, Airbus SE, Honeywell International Inc., Indra Sistemas S.A., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Leidos, Inc., Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Saab AB, and Thales Group.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Domain, Component, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adacel Technologies Limited, Advanced Navigation and Positioning Corporation, Airbus SE, Honeywell International Inc., Indra Sistemas S.A., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Leidos, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Saab AB and Thales Group.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800