As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Airbag Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global airbag market reached a value of US$
27.2 Billion in 2021. Airbags refer to safety devices fitted inside a vehicle designed to inflate and deflate promptly to protect the occupants during a crash or collision. They comprise bags, inflation systems and impact sensors that send signals upon detecting the occurrence and severity of a crash. They help minimize driver fatalities and serious head injuries in frontal crashes by providing crucial cushioning to occupants. Nowadays, manufacturers are integrating side airbags (SABs) to reduce chest injuries in side crashes as well as side curtains and knee airbags to reduce leg injuries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Airbag Market Trends:
The increasing sales of passenger vehicles across the globe due to rapid urbanization and rising disposable incomes represent the primary factor driving the market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 1.3 million people die in road traffic crashes every year. This has resulted in the implementation of stringent government safety regulations across numerous countries, thereby escalating the demand for airbags. Additionally, the growing awareness among the masses about vehicle safety has escalated the demand for vehicles with advanced safety features, thereby contributing to the market growth. As a result, automotive manufacturers are focusing on installing airbags in heavy-duty vehicles to increase the safety of drivers. Furthermore, several technological advancements and the development of advanced airbags and inflators to meet the safety regulations and consumer requirements are providing a positive market outlook. Looking forward, the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of
6.4% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into the frontal, knee, side, curtain and other airbags.
- Based on the module, the market has been divided into inflator or gas generator, air bag and crash sensors.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been bifurcated into passenger and commercial vehicles.
- Based on the sales channel, the market has been segregated into original equipment manufacturers and aftermarkets.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Autoliv Inc., Continental AG, Daicel Corporation, DENSO Corporation, Hyundai Motor Group, Joyson Safety Systems (Ningbo Joyson Electronic Corp.), Neaton Auto Products Manufacturing Inc. (Nihon Plast Co., Ltd), Robert Bosch GmbH, TOYODA GOSEI Co. Ltd., and ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800