The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Airborne Fire Control Radar Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global airborne fire control radar market size reached US$ 2.84 Billion in 2021. Airborne fire control radar (AFCR) is a long-range detection system that intercepts, tracks and attacks hostile targets. It consists of antennas and low-pulse repetition frequency (LPRF) systems that identify a target’s coordinates and provide data, which help determine the target trajectory and its continuous position. It also estimates the target range, range rate, azimuth and elevation angle and offers high mission reliability and multi-target tracking capabilities. Owing to these properties, AFCRs are widely utilized for detection, search, surveillance, weapon guidance and navigation operations in air-to-air, air-to-sea, and air-to-land missions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Airborne Fire Control Radar Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the widespread adoption of active electronically scanning arrays (AESA) in aircraft. In addition, the escalating demand for advanced electro-optical systems integrated with geolocation sensors, and surveillance and reconnaissance systems in helicopters represent another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, military and defense organizations are deploying AFCRs to detect targets and conduct critical missions due to the rising cross-border disturbances and terrorist attacks. This, coupled with the increasing procurement of fighter jets by governments of developing economies to enhance the aerial strength of defense forces, is propelling the market growth. Moreover, the rising military budgets of countries, including the United States, China, Russia, India, Japan, and South Korea, and rapid automation in security and surveillance radar systems technology are also creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.76 Billion by 2027 exhibiting a CAGR of 4.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the frequency band, the market has been segregated into S-band, X-band, and Ku/K/Ka-band.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into air to ground, air to sea, and air to air.
- Based on the end user, the market has been bifurcated into military and commercial.
- On the geographical front, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Airbus SE, Aselsan, Aselsan AS (Turkish Armed Forces Foundation), BAE Systems plc, General Dynamics Corporation, Israel Aerospace Industries, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Saab AB and Thales Group.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800