According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Airborne LiDAR Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global airborne LiDAR market size reached US$ 711 Million in 2022. Airborne light detection and ranging (LiDAR) refers to a remote sensing technological solution that uses laser pulses to measure distances and create 3D models of the surface of the earth. It covers large areas quickly and efficiently, which allows the creation of high resolution maps and models of the area. It is mounted on various platforms, such as airplanes, helicopters, and drones. It is equipped with other sensors to collect multi spectral data like infrared or hyperspectral data to provide information on vegetation health and land cover. It is also utilized in hazardous areas, including steep terrain or disaster affected areas to enable safe data collection without putting surveyors or other personnel at risk.
Global Airborne LiDAR Market Trends:
The flourishing construction industry and an increase in the construction of roads, bridges, and tunnels on account of rapid urbanization, rising global population, and the growing investments in the development of smart cities represent one of the major factors driving the demand for airborne LiDAR around the world. Moreover, the rising adoption of airborne LiDAR in forest management and planning is favoring the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing use of airborne LiDAR in the agriculture sector to collect data on crop health, water use, and soil quality and monitor irrigation systems and drainage networks that help farmers to identify and address maintenance issues more efficiently is augmenting the market growth. Apart from this, the growing usage of airborne LiDAR in archaeology for locating and mapping archaeological sites to provide information for historical preservation and research is influencing the market positively. Furthermore, the rising demand for miniaturized micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) sensors in inkjet printers, smartphones, and computer disk drive heads is creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1594 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into airborne topographic LiDAR and airborne bathymetric LiDAR. Presently, airborne topographic LiDAR holds the largest market share.
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into laser scanner, inertial navigation system, camera, GPS and GNSS receivers, and micro-electromechanical systems. Laser scanners currently exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the platform, the market has been categorized into fixed wing aircraft, rotary wing aircraft, and UAVs. Fixed wing aircraft presently accounted for the biggest market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into corridor mapping, seismology, exploration and detection, and others. At present, corridor mapping dominates the overall market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into aerospace and defense, civil engineering, forestry and agriculture, transportation, archaeology, and mining industry. Presently, aerospace and defense hold the largest market share.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include AAM a Woolpert Company, Airborne Imaging Inc, Firmatek, Fugro, Leica Geosystems AG (Hexagon AB), Merrick & Company, Phoenix LiDAR Systems, RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH, Surveying and Mapping LLC, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, Trimble Inc., Velodyne Lidar Inc., and YellowScan.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Component, Platform, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AAM a Woolpert company, Airborne Imaging Inc, Firmatek, Fugro, Leica Geosystems AG (Hexagon AB), Merrick & Company, Phoenix LiDAR Systems, RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH, Surveying And Mapping LLC, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, Trimble Inc., Velodyne Lidar Inc. and YellowScan.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800