The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aircraft Lighting Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global aircraft lighting market size reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2021. Aircraft lighting is installed on the interior and exterior parts of an aircraft to provide brightness for operational needs, servicing, and convenience of passengers. It offers visual guidance for an inspection of icing conditions and aircraft landing, which is essential for the safety of passengers, pilots, and cargo. It employs various technologies, such as electro-luminescent, strobe light control circuits, and switches and resistors to automate incandescence. Moreover, special aircraft lights are also used for specific flight operations. For instance, rescue aircraft are equipped with high-intensity searchlights, indicators, and warning lights that specify the operation status of equipment, while various military aircraft have different intensity lights on the upper surface of wings to encourage night formation flights.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Aircraft Lighting Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding aviation industry and rising travel and tourism activities. In addition, there has been an escalating demand for aircraft lighting to improve pilot visibility during critical phases of a flight, identify aircraft location, head, and position, and make aircraft visible to ground personnel and other airborne traffic to avert a mid-air collision. Along with this, the increasing volume of air traffic due to the expanding international trade represents another major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the rising adoption of non-electrical floor path marking systems is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the growing trend of urban air mobility (UAM), an on-demand, automated passenger and cargo-carrying air transportation service, is further providing a thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, increasing investments in aviation infrastructure and the implementation of stringent government policies regarding passenger comfort and safety are anticipated to propel the market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 2.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.82% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the light type, the market has been bifurcated into exterior, and interior lights.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been classified into LED, fluorescent, and others.
- Based on the aircraft type, the market has been segregated into commercial aircraft, military aircraft, and others.
- On the basis of the aircraft design, the market has been segmented into fixed and rotary wings.
- Based on the installation type, the market has been divided into line-fit and retrofit.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Astronics Corporation, Bruce Aerospace (TransDigm Group Inc.), Cobham Plc., Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG, Honeywell International Inc., Luminator Technology Group, Oxley Group, Safran S.A., Soderberg Manufacturing Co. Inc. and STG Aerospace Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800