According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Airport Information Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global airport information systems market size reached US$ 3.50 Billion in 2020. Airport information system (AIS) relies on various technological solutions for displaying advertisements and flight information like flight departure and arrival time. It includes the airport operation control center (AOCC) and departure control system (DCS) that monitor passenger boarding and weather. AIS is usually operated through a computer system that controls electronic or mechanical TV screens, which are located around the terminal. As it facilitates hassle-free movement of passengers and luggage, enhances operational efficiency, and reduces operating costs of the airports, its adoption is increasing across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Airport Information Systems Market Trends:
The thriving aviation industry represents one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, a considerable rise in the number of individuals traveling has resulted in increasing aircraft movements and the growing number of airport terminals. This has encouraged the authorities to utilize AIS for effectively managing operations of the airport and enhancing the overall passenger experience. Furthermore, the integration of AIS with advanced technologies, such as thermal sensors, 3D face recognition, geolocation, video analytics and near-field communications, at airport terminals is contributing to the market growth. Other factors like increasing investments to improve the existing infrastructure at airports and widespread adoption of baggage handling systems are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to continue its moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into terminal and airside.
- On the basis of the system, the market has been divided into airport operation and departure control systems.
- Based on the airport, the market has been segmented into class A, class B, class C and other airports.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been classified into passenger and non-passenger systems.
- Based on the cost, the market has been segregated into operating, procurement, and integration costs.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into finance and operations, maintenance, ground handling, security, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Advantech Co., Ltd., Airport Information Systems Limited, Amadeus IT Group, S.A., CGI, Inc., Damarel Systems International Ltd., Harris Corporation., International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, Ikusi Redes de Telecommunications, S.L., Indra Sistemas S.A., INFORM Institut fur Operations Research and Management GmbH, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, RESA, S.A.S., Collins Aerospace, Siemens AG, SITA, TAV Technologies, Thales Group and Ultra Electronics Holdings plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal