According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Airport Passenger Screening Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global airport passenger screening systems market reached a value of US$ 2.0 Billion in 2022. Passenger screening systems are one of the most crucial aspects of airport security operations. Passengers are required to undergo strict security procedures before boarding their respective flights, which include pat-down search, luggage check and passenger screening. Screening systems aid in the detection of metallic and non-metallic items and any other threats to transportation security from entering the airport area.
Global Airport Passenger Screening Systems Market Trends:
A significant increase in terrorist threat activities across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Owing to this, airport authorities constantly endeavor to enhance their systems to prevent any security breach. Moreover, factors such as rising working population and growing disposable income have increased the number of air passengers. Furthermore, airport authorities are continually engaging in research and development (R&D) activities to improve their security screening standards to meet greater accuracy and reliability in detecting hidden weapons and explosives. This, coupled with significant investments by market leaders in R&D, is also boosting the sales of these screening systems. For instance, the introduction of the millimeter wave technology, which boasts the ability to see through people’s clothing and identify undetectable objects, is expected to create a positive outlook for the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is anticipated to US$
3.6 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
9.74% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into passenger screening and carry-on baggage screening. Amongst these, carry-on baggage screening systems represent the most popular segment.
- Based on the technology, metal and explosive detection systems account for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been divided into civil airports and military airports. At present, civil airports exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the geographical front, North America holds the leading position in the market. Other key regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of some of the major players, including Analogic Corporation, CEIA, Cobalt Light Systems, Garrett Metal Detectors, Ketech Systems Ltd., Kromek Group PLC., L-3 Security & Detection Systems Inc., Morpho Detection Inc., Optosecurity Inc., Rapiscan System Ltd., Reveal Imaging Technologies Inc. and Smiths Detection.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal