According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Airport Retailing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global airport retailing market reached a value of US$ 23.4 Billion in 2022. Airport retailing refers to the retail services provided to travelers inside the airport. These retail services are located in central areas with high passenger flow to attract more customers. It offers various products, such as perfumes, cosmetics, personal care products, fashion, accessories, and food and beverages. It has become one of the crucial techniques for businesses to promote and raise brand awareness at airports. These products, including alcohol, tobacco, perfumes, clothing, and electronics, are widely purchased by tourists traveling domestically and internationally.
Global Airport Retailing Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the inflating disposable income levels of air travelers. In line with this, the increasing budget of the aviation industry is positively influencing the market. Furthermore, some retailers and operators are adopting online services and omnichannel strategies to target time-conscious millennial travelers to expand their e-commerce presence and benefit from rising demand for online duty-free purchases, thus catalyzing the market. Apart from this, the development of new and existing airports is expected to offer numerous opportunities for the airport retailing market. Moreover, the widespread accessibility of transportation facilities and escalating tourism promotion are propelling the market. Besides, significant growth in the travel and tourism industry and the rising time spent by travelers due to early check-in are strengthening the demand for airport retailing worldwide. Additionally, the changing lifestyle preferences of the consumers and the enhanced affordability of the products are providing a boost to the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 46.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.61% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into liquor and tobacco, perfumes and cosmetics, fashion and accessories, food and beverages, and others.
- Based on the airport size, the market has been categorized into large, medium, and small airports.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into direct retailers, convenience stores, speciality retailers, and departmental stores.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Airport Retail Group LLC, Autogrill S.p.A., China Duty Free Group Co. Ltd. (China International Travel Service Co. Ltd.), DFS Group Ltd. (LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton), Dubai Duty Free, Dufry AG, Duty Free Americas Inc., Flemingo International Ltd., Gebr. Heinemann SE & Co. KG, Japan Airport Terminal Co. Ltd., KING POWER International and Lagardère Travel Retail (Lagardère Group).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Airport Size, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airport Retail Group LLC, Autogrill S.p.A., China Duty Free Group Co. Ltd. (China International Travel Service Co. Ltd.), DFS Group Ltd. (LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton), Dubai Duty Free, Dufry AG, Duty Free Americas Inc., Flemingo International Ltd., Gebr. Heinemann SE & Co. KG, Japan Airport Terminal Co. Ltd., KING POWER International and Lagardère Travel Retail (Lagardère Group)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800