According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Alopecia Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global alopecia treatment market size reached US$ 3.1 Billion in 2022. Alopecia is a medical condition characterized by hair loss, which can occur on the scalp or other parts of the body. It is caused due to several factors, including a sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, and growing stress levels. Its treatment is dependent on numerous factors, such as the type of alopecia areata, patient age, and the extent of hair loss. The treatment aims to block the immune system attack and stimulate the regrowth of hair. Various drugs and surgical treatment options, including hair transplantation and scalp reduction, have been widely adopted for the treatment of alopecia. Besides, medications including minoxidil or finasteride are also used for baldness. These medications are formulated to stimulate hair growth or prevent further hair loss. Besides, phototherapy or low light laser therapy (LLLT) is gaining traction around the world as it is safer, tolerable, and less invasive than other treatments.
Global Alopecia Treatment Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of alopecia among the masses is driving the global market. Coupled with this, the rising cases of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) are contributing to the overall growth of the market. In line with this, stressful lifestyles, the escalating cases of malnutrition, and the rising number of individuals with certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, lupus, and persistent weight loss, are catalyzing the increasing risk of hair loss. Moreover, the growing awareness about hair loss and the availability of various treatment options is impacting the market favorably. Besides, the availability of advanced treatment options, including platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, mesotherapy, and low-level laser therapy (LLLT)are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Along with this, the increasing availability of products, including shampoos, conditioners, and other hair care products that claim to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth is also contributing to the growth of the alopecia treatment market. Additionally, the introduction of laser caps, helmets, combs, and bands are influencing the market. Furthermore, several key players are heavily investing in research and development activities to develop novel treatment options, thus providing a boost to the market. Apart from this, the increasing availability of advanced treatment options such as stem cell therapy and gene therapy is creating a positive market outlook. The market is further driven by other factors, such as the increasing availability of advanced treatment options, continuous improvements in healthcare infrastructure, and increasing concerns among parents about the health of their children. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.75% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been segregated into minoxidil, finasteride and others.
- Based on the indication, the market has been segmented into androgenic alopecia, alopecia areata, alopecia totalis and others.
- On the basis of gender, the market has been bifurcated into male and female.
- Based on the route of administration, the market has been classified into oral, topical, and injectable.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hospitals, retail pharmacies and online pharmacies.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Aclaris Therapeutics Inc., Cellmid Limited, Cipla Limited, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, HCell Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc., Pfizer Inc., Taisho Pharmaceutical Holdings Co. Ltd and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Drug Type, Indication, Gender, Route of Administration, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aclaris Therapeutics Inc., Cellmid Limited, Cipla Limited, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, HCell Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc., Pfizer Inc., Taisho Pharmaceutical Holdings Co. Ltd and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800