According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency treatment market reached a value of US$ 1.9 Billion in 2022. Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency (AAT) is an inherited condition wherein the body fails to produce an adequate amount of AAT, a protein that protects the lungs and liver from the harmful effects of other proteins. Its deficiency often leads to liver cirrhosis, emphysema diseases and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD). Some of its common symptoms include tiredness, vision problems, weight loss, shortness of breath, repeated lung infections and rapid heartbeat on standing. AAT deficiency is nowadays treated using different therapeutic methods, such as corticosteroids, oxygen therapy, bronchodilators and augmentation therapy.
Global Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Treatment Market Trends:
The global market is presently experiencing growth on account of the rising cases of the alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency and the increasing prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases. Besides this, technological advancements in diagnostic methods, along with the development of innovative processes for the production and purification of AAT, are positively influencing the demand for the treatment. Furthermore, the increasing expenditure on research and development (R&D) in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment, in confluence with the growing number of awareness programs, is propelling the growth of the market. However, the sudden spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and lockdowns imposed by governments of numerous countries have negatively influenced the market growth on account of temporary disturbances caused in the supply chain and operations of manufacturing units. The market is expected to experience growth once normalcy is regained. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the treatment type, the market has been segmented into augmentation therapy, bronchodilators, corticosteroids, oxygen therapy and others.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been segregated into parenteral, inhalation and oral.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the end user into hospitals, specialty clinics and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AstraZeneca PLC, C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Ko. KG, CSL Limited, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Grifols S.A., Kamada Ltd., LFB Biomedicaments S.A., Pfizer Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Treatment Type, Route of Administration, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AstraZeneca PLC, C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Ko. KG, CSL Limited, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Grifols S.A., Kamada Ltd., LFB Biomedicaments S.A., Pfizer Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800