According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "AMOLED Display Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global AMOLED display market reached a value of US$ 9.9 Billion in 2021. An AMOLED refers to a display technology that stands for Active-Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diodes. It is a type of OLED display that is widely used in smartphones as well as tablets, digital cameras, smartphones, gaming consoles, portable music players and music production hardware. An AMOLED display consists of thin-film transistors (TFT) behind each pixel that assist the electric current move across the entire display in a quicker manner. Their usage also enables each pixel to be activated faster and easy embedding into the display of varied sizes. These displays are generally characterized by a faster refresh rate and superior viewing angles. They also consume lesser power while offering improved and vivid picture quality and a better viewing experience to the users.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global AMOLED Display Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the reduced average selling prices of smartphones. With rapid urbanization and shifting lifestyle preferences of the masses, this has impelled individuals to adopt smartphones with AMOLED display for better picture quality, high-resolution display, and enhanced viewing experience. Moreover, the increasing preference for online gaming using smartphone devices and gaming consoles manufactured using AMOLED display is also expected to create a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players. They are continually investing to develop innovative product variants with advanced technologies, which is provide a thrust to the market growth. For instance, Samsung Group, a South Korean multinational company, has launched Super AMOLED in the market that is equipped with a touch function that is integrated into the screen itself to provide an exceptional viewing experience for their users. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 20.2% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the display type, the market has been divided into transparent, conventional, flexible, 3D, and others.
- Based on the material, the market has been classified into polymer, glass and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into consumer electronics, retail, automotive, healthcare, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include AU Optronics Corp, BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd., Innolux Corporation, Japan Display Inc., LG Display Co. Ltd. (LG Corporation), Novaled GmbH (Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.), Panasonic Corporation, Sharp Corporation, Sony Corporation and Universal Display Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800