According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Animal Model Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global animal model market size reached US$ 1696.5 Million in 2022. Animal models refer to the non-human species used in biomedical research to mimic the aspects of biological processes and diseases found in humans. They include rats, mice, zebrafish, rabbits, monkeys, dogs, hamsters, and pigs. They are widely used for studying disease mechanisms, drug discovery and development, preclinical testing, drug screening, target validation, pharmacokinetics studies, biomarker identification, and genetic studies. Animal models aid in evaluating the safety and efficacy of vaccines, identifying factors that influence drug metabolism, and assessing potential side effects of the drug delivery systems. They also assist researchers in optimizing clinical trials, gaining deeper insights into disease progression, refining treatment regimes, and assessing the optimal dosage quantity.
Animal Model Market Trends:
The rising demand for effective therapies across the globe is one of the primary factors propelling the market growth. Animal models are widely used to assess the safety, efficacy, and toxicity of drug candidates, determine safe dosage ranges, optimize formulations, identify best administration routes, and minimize the risk of adverse side effects in human subjects. Furthermore, the growing prevalence of chronic conditions, such as cancer, neurological disorders, acute infections, and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), is facilitating the demand for animal models to understand disease mechanisms, identify drug targets, and assess the efficacy of potential treatment options. Additionally, the utilization of advanced gene editing tools, such as clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR-Cas9), to create animal models with precise genetic modifications to study human genetic diseases and identify the underlying mechanism is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the recent development of humanized animal models by introducing human genes, tissues, and immune cells into animals to study human-specific diseases and test the efficacies of various therapeutics is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the implementation of strict government regulations to mandate preclinical testing using animal models to ensure drug safety and efficacy is supporting the market growth. Other factors, including growing demand for personalized medicines, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and significant growth in the pharmaceutical industry, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 2503.4 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the animal type, the market has been divided into rat, mice, guinea pig, rabbits, and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into CRISPR, embryonic stem cell injection, nuclear transfer, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into drug discovery and development, basic research, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into pharma and biotech companies, academic research institutes, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Biocytogen, Charles River Laboratories International Inc, Envigo, Eurofins Scientific SE, GenOway S.A., Hera BioLabs, JSR Corporation, Ozgene Pty Ltd., PerkinElmer Inc., Taconic Biosciences Inc., The Jackson Laboratory and Trans Genic Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Animal Type, Technology, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Biocytogen, Charles River Laboratories International Inc, Envigo, Eurofins Scientific SE, GenOway S.A., Hera BioLabs, JSR Corporation, Ozgene Pty Ltd., PerkinElmer Inc., Taconic Biosciences Inc., The Jackson Laboratory and Trans Genic Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800