According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global anti-lock braking system (ABS) market size reached US$ 43.2 Billion in 2022. The anti-lock braking system (ABS) is a safety mechanism integrated into modern vehicles to prevent the wheels from locking up and skidding during heavy braking. It relies on a system of sensors and actuators that continuously monitor the speed of the wheels and apply or release the brakes to maintain optimal traction. ABS also assists the vehicle to maintain directional stability and control, even on slippery surfaces. The system allows the driver to maintain steering capability while braking, enhancing safety and reducing the risk of accidents. As a result, ABS is a feature integrated with various safety systems used in vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, trucks, and buses.
Global Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) Market Trends:
The increasing consumer awareness regarding vehicle safety and stringent governmental regulations mandating the integration of ABS in new vehicles are major factors driving the market growth. Furthermore, the development of innovative technologies that enhance the performance and efficiency of ABS is contributing to market growth. In line with this, the emergence of electric and autonomous vehicles leading to innovation and sophistication in automotive technology such as electric vehicles (EVs), with their unique braking dynamics, and autonomous vehicles (AV), with their complex algorithms and sensors, are providing lucrative growth opportunities for the market growth. In line with this, the ability of ABS to integrate seamlessly with other vehicle safety systems like electronic stability control (ESC) and traction control system (TCS), expanding its applicability and appeal, is positively impacting the market growth. Besides this, the increasing awareness among consumers towards prioritizing safety features in vehicles, is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 70.9 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the component type, the market has been segmented into speed sensors, electronic control units (ECU), and hydraulic units. According to the report, electronic control units (ECU) represent the largest segment.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been divided into two-wheelers, passenger cars, and commercial vehicles. Among these, passenger cars represent the largest segment.
- Based on the end-use, the market has been bifurcated into OEM and replacement demand.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, South Africa, and others). According to the report, Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Advics Co. Ltd., Aisin Seiki, Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Hitachi Automotive System Ltd, Mando Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Wabco Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Component Type
- Vehicle Type
- End Use
|Component Types Covered
||Speed Sensors, Electronic Control Units (ECU), Hydraulic Units
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Two-Wheelers, Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles
|End Uses Covered
||OEM, Replacement Demand
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, China, Japan, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Iran, Egypt, South Africa
|| Advics Co. Ltd., Aisin Seiki, Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Hitachi Automotive System Ltd, Mando Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Wabco Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800