According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Anti-Rheumatics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global anti-rheumatics market reached a value of US$ 62.8 Billion in 2022. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, autoimmune disease that affects the joints, articular tissues, and extra-articular organs. It is a progressive disorder that results in pain, inflammation, stiffness, and swelling of joints. Anti-rheumatics refer to drugs used to manage different symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and modify the course of the disease. They can be administered subcutaneously (SC), orally, or intravenously (IV) into the body of the patient. Anti-rheumatics are also used to treat various types of cancer, and bowel, connective tissue, and autoimmune conditions, such as psoriatic arthritis, lupus, Sjogren syndrome (SS), systemic sclerosis (SSc), and systematic lupus erythematosus. Medical practitioners usually prescribe the drug to reduce pain, prevent bone deformity, reduce joint damage, preserve the structure and function of the joints, slow the progression of arthritis, and improve the person’s overall function.
Global Anti-Rheumatics Market Trends
The rising incidences of rheumatoid arthritis, especially among the steadily growing geriatric population, are creating a positive outlook for the market. Anti-rheumatic drugs are widely used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory diseases that cause swelling in joints and damage the eyes, lungs and skin. In line with this, the increasing incidences of obesity due to unhealthy eating habits and changing lifestyles of the masses are further favoring the market growth. Apart from this, rapid technological advancements in the field of biosimilars and novel biologic therapies that act faster than conventional drugs and are provided in combination with the disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD) to patients are providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread adoption of prescription-based medications due to the increasing number of specialized hospitals worldwide is augmenting the market growth. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of consumers, availability of early diagnosis and treatment options, and continuous research and development (R&D) activities to lower the side effects of the drug, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 73.9 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 2.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into prescription-based and over-the-counter drugs.
- Based on the drug class, the market has been divided into disease modifying anti-rheumatics drugs (DMARDs), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, uric acid drugs, and others.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been classified into oral, parenteral, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and e-commerce.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players. Some of these include AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Biogen Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Celltrion Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Johnson & Johnsons, Pfizer Inc. and Sanofi SA.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Drug Class, Route of Drug Administration, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Biogen Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Celltrion Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Johnson & Johnsons, Pfizer Inc. and Sanofi SA
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800