According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Antibody Drug Conjugates Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global antibody drug conjugates market reached a value of US$ 5.1 Billion in 2021. Antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) refer to a class of biopharmaceutical drugs that are designed as a targeted therapy for treating cancer. They are made up of monoclonal antibodies (mAb) that chemically bind to specific receptors or proteins found on cancer cells. Upon entering the cells, the linked cytotoxic anticancer agents trigger the internalization of the antibody and allows sensitive bifurcation between healthy and diseased tissues. This, in turn, assists in enhancing the cell-killing potential of mAb, increasing drug tolerability, maximizing efficiency, and minimizing systematic exposure.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Antibody Drug Conjugates Market Trends:
The global ADCs market is majorly being driven by the increasing prevalence of cancer due to sedentary lifestyle and rising number of smokers. In confluence with this, the shifting individual preference toward targeted and personalized cancer treatments is further facilitating the need for ADCs across the globe. Additionally, rising healthcare expenditures, along with rapid advancements in medical technologies to engineer novel linkers with additional antibody attachments to allow the expansion of payloads are acting as other growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, manufacturers are continuously investing in research and development (R&D) activities to optimize existing chemical triggers and improve the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion, which are catalyzing the market growth. Other than this, vendors are increasingly collaborating with other companies to share resources, technology, product knowledge, and expand businesses. For instance, in 2019, Shanghai Miracogen entered into an agreement with Netherlands-based Synaffix to utilize its tools and resources for building ADCs. This, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 18.5 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 23.8% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the component, the market has been divided into monoclonal antibodies, linker, cytotoxic agent, and others.
- On the basis of the target, the market has been classified into antibody-protein toxin, antibody-chelated radionuclide, antibody-small-molecule drug, and antibody-enzyme conjugates.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into lymphoma, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, brain tumor, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals, specialized cancer centers, academic research institutes, biotechnology companies, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ADC Therapeutics SA, Astellas Pharma Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Celldex Therapeutics Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Gilead Sciences Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, ImmunoGen Inc, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., Seagen Inc., Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal