The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Anticoagulants Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global anticoagulants market size reached a value of US$ 34.0 Billion in 2021. Anticoagulants, also known as blood thinners, are chemical substances that prevent or reduce the coagulation of blood and extend the blood clotting time. They are utilized to minimize the risk of blood clots in various medical conditions, such as myocardial infarction, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and stroke. These drugs are usually available in capsule or tablet form, including warfarin, rivaroxaban, dabigatran, and apixaban. Owing to these properties, doctors widely prescribe anticoagulants to people who are at a high risk of clot formation.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Anticoagulants Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising incidences of hypercoagulability across the globe. According to studies, hypercoagulability in individuals affected by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic can be one of the leading causes of mortality, which is escalating the demand for anticoagulants. In addition, the growing prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis C, Lyme disease, obesity, cancer, and chronic inflammation, represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, extended sitting, smoking, trauma, blood disorders, and autoimmune diseases can cause blood clotting in different parts of the body. This, coupled with the improving diagnosis rates and the rising adoption of target therapeutics, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the surging number of surgeries requiring prolonged bed rest also increases the risk of blood clots among individuals, thus propelling the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 60.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the drug class, the market has been segmented into novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs), heparin and low molecular weight heparin (LMWH), vitamin K antagonists, and others.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been bifurcated into oral and injectable anticoagulants.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online stores, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into atrial fibrillation and heart attack, stroke, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc, Aspen Holdings, Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Johnson & Johnson Private Limited, Pfizer Inc. and Sanofi S.A.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800