According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Antimicrobial Additives Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global antimicrobial additives market size reached US$ 5.4 Billion in 2022. Antimicrobial additives are substances that are incorporated into materials to inhibit or prevent the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses, and algae. They disrupt the cellular functions or structures of microorganisms, thereby preventing their ability to multiply and spread. This, in turn, helps in reducing the risk of microbial contamination, odor, staining, and deterioration of the treated products. In addition to this, antimicrobial additives can contribute to the overall lifespan and durability of treated materials by inhibiting microbial-induced degradation processes, such as biofilm formation or discoloration. As a result, they are used to provide antimicrobial properties to a wide range of products, including plastics, coatings, textiles, ceramics, and polymers.
Global Antimicrobial Additives Market Trends:
The escalating consumer concerns regarding health and hygiene due to the rise in the spread of viruses and infections represent the prime factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the extensive emphasis on the importance of antimicrobial protection and the implementation of numerous stringent regulations and guidelines for antimicrobial efficacy and safety are contributing to the market growth. Moreover, widespread product adoption across the healthcare, food processing, and personal care industries to mitigate the risk of microbial contamination is creating a positive outlook for market growth. In line with this, the growing use of inorganic antimicrobial additives, such as copper and silver, across hospitals and clinics to protect patients against healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), especially post the COVID-19 pandemic, is strengthening the market growth. In addition to this, the surging demand for antimicrobial packaging solutions to comply with food safety standards, extend the shelf life, and preserve the quality of packaged food products is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, the shifting preference for antimicrobial consumer products for personal hygiene, household cleaning, and other applications and the expanding adoption of antimicrobial-treated textiles to provide protection against odor-causing bacteria and fungi are positively impacting the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 8.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.26 % during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market is bifurcated into inorganic and organic antimicrobial additives. Currently, inorganic antimicrobial additives dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into plastic, paints and coatings, pulp and paper, and others. At present, plastics account for the majority of the global share.
- Based on the end use vertical, the market is categorized into construction, automotive, healthcare, food and beverage, and others. Amongst these, healthcare is the biggest end-use industry.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Presently, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Avient Corporation, BioCote Ltd, Chroma Color Corporation, Dow Inc., King Plastic Corporation, Life Material Technologies Limited, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Microban International Ltd., Milliken Chemical Company (Milliken & Company) and Sanitized AG.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Application, End Use Vertical, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Avient Corporation, BioCote Ltd, Chroma Color Corporation, Dow Inc., King Plastic Corporation, Life Material Technologies Limited, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Microban International Ltd., Milliken Chemical Company (Milliken & Company) and Sanitized AG.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800