According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Antivirus Software Package Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global antivirus software package market reached a value of US$ 3.9 Billion in 2021. Antivirus software is a computer program that secures and protects the user’s computer from threats while browsing multiple websites online. It scans a computer system and mobile device memory, system files, and operating system (OS) using heuristic detection methods, signature-based detection methods, real-time scanning, and rootkit detection. It is extensively utilized to detect malware, which includes viruses, trojans, and worms. It offers numerous benefits, including advanced threat protection, information protection, and endpoint security. Antivirus software also provides email, network, cloud, and cyber security to the computer systems of the users.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Antivirus Software Package Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising incidences of cyber attacks. In line with this, the emergence of innovative viruses is positively influencing the market. Furthermore, the increasing number of internet users, small-medium enterprises (SMEs), and educational hubs are catalyzing the product demand. Apart from this, the widespread usage of paid antivirus software among individuals and the growing demand for smartphones are propelling the market. Moreover, the increasing popularity of cloud-based software and the augmenting need to safeguard data and information are strengthening the market. Besides this, the escalating use of online banking applications is favoring the adoption of antivirus software in the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) sector. Additionally, multiple key players are providing auto-update options in their antivirus software to offer real-time protection for users' computer systems, thus creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.5% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the device, the market has been bifurcated into laptops, desktops, and others.
- Based on the operating system, the market has been categorized into windows, MAC, android, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into personal, corporate, government, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Adaware (Avaquest Group), AhnLab Inc., Avast Software s.r.o., AVG Technologies CZ, Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG, Bitdefender SRL, BullGuard Limited, F-Secure Oyj, Kaspersky Labs GmbH (Kaspersky Lab Limited), McAfee LLC (TPG Capital and Intel), Microsoft Corporation, Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd., Quick Heal Technologies Ltd. and Symantec Corporation (Broadcom Inc.).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800