The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Artificial Cornea and Corneal Implant Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global artificial cornea and corneal implant market size reached US$ 385.5 Million in 2021. A corneal implant refers to the process of replacing a diseased cornea using a wide range of surgical techniques. It incorporates human donor cornea tissue or artificial cornea and eliminates all or parts of the damaged cornea to restore the vision and relieve pain. The implant process is designed for long-term vision and is extensively used for the treatment of ophthalmic disorders such as Fuchs’ dystrophy and keratoconus. Artificial cornea and corneal implant are available in synthetic and biosynthetic variants, which are made of polymer plastics and silica materials. The use of artificial cornea in the corneal procedure is generally considered for end-stage corneal diseases such as multiple graft failures or inflammatory ocular surface disease. As a result, it is widely performed across hospitals and ophthalmic and ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs).
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Artificial Cornea and Corneal Implant Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of corneal infection, which causes cloudy corneas, resulting in visual disability. Apart from this, the rising geriatric population that is more susceptible to eye diseases is also fueling the market growth. As a result, healthcare professionals and patients are increasingly preferring minimally invasive (MI) surgical procedures, which are cost-effective and require less days for recovery. Besides this, artificial cornea and corneal implants offer various advantages, such as sharper vision and reduced risk of rejection. In addition, governments of different countries are implementing initiatives and setting up guidelines to control the rising instances of vision impairment, thereby propelling the market growth. For instance, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is spreading awareness regarding eye abnormalities through their “Vision Health Initiative,” which offers the latest diagnostic and treatment methods to manage vision related ailments. Moreover, several key manufacturers are introducing three-dimensional (3D) printed artificial corneas to enhance the effectiveness of the procedure. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 605 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.10% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into human and artificial cornea.
- On the basis of the transplant type, the market has been classified into penetrating keratoplasty, endothelial keratoplasty, anterior lamellar keratoplasty, and keratoprosthesis.
- The market has been categorized based on the disease indication into Fuchs’ dystrophy, fungal keratitis, Keratoconus, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and specialty clinics.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Advancing Sight Network, AJL Ophthalmic S.A., Aurolab, Corneat Vision Limited, EyeYon Medical, Florida Lions Eye Bank, Keramed Inc., L V Prasad Eye Institute, LinkoCare Life Sciences AB, Mediphacos, Presbia PLC, and San Diego Eye Bank.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800