According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Artificial Insemination Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global artificial insemination market size reached US$ 2.0 Billion in 2022. Artificial insemination refers to a medical technique utilized in human reproduction where sperm cells are deliberately introduced into the female reproductive system to facilitate fertilization. This method is employed when natural conception proves challenging or unfeasible due to various factors, such as fertility issues, sperm abnormalities, or unexplained infertility. The process involves collecting sperm from a male partner or a sperm donor, then preparing and concentrating the sperm sample to improve its viability. The concentrated sperm is then introduced into the woman's reproductive tract, usually through the cervix or directly into the uterus, bypassing potential barriers that could hinder natural conception. Artificial insemination is a less invasive and more affordable option compared to more advanced reproductive technologies and comes in different forms, including intrauterine insemination (IUI) and intracervical insemination (ICI), making it a popular choice for initial fertility treatments.
Global Artificial Insemination Market Trends:
The global artificial insemination market is mainly driven by the increasing prevalence of infertility among men and women caused by changing lifestyles, delayed pregnancies, and environmental factors. In line with this, the expanding awareness and acceptance of assisted reproductive techniques, combined with the rise in the number of individuals employing medical interventions to address infertility issues, is creating a positive outlook for market expansion. Moreover, significant advancements in reproductive technologies, the use of sophisticated laboratory techniques for processing and preparing sperm samples, and improved methods for selecting healthy and viable sperm have increased the success rates of artificial insemination, which, in turn, is aiding in market expansion. Concurrent with this, the development of advanced artificial insemination techniques, such as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and cryopreservation of sperm and embryos, has further improved patient outcomes, strengthening the market growth. Additionally, the evolving concept of family and changing social norms, with the increasing number of same-sex couples and single individuals exploring parenthood options, is contributing to the growth of the artificial insemination market. Furthermore, the emerging trends of medical tourism, as patients are increasingly willing to travel to different regions or countries to access high-quality fertility treatments, including artificial insemination, at competitive prices, are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.13% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market is segregated into intrauterine, intracervical, intravaginal, and intratubal. Among these, the intrauterine segment dominates the market.
- On the basis of the source type, the market has been bifurcated into AIH-husband and AID-donor.
- Based on the end use, the market is categorized into hospitals and clinics, fertility centers, and others. Currently, fertility centers represent the largest market segment.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Presently, North America enjoys the leading market position.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Conceivex Inc., FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific Inc. (Fujifilm Holdings Corporation), Genea Limited, Genus plc, Hamilton Thorne Inc., Hi-Tech Solutions, Kitazato Corporation, Pride Angel, Rinovum Women’s Health LLC, Rocket Medical plc, TenderNeeds Fertility LLC and Vitrolife AB.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Source Type, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Conceivex Inc., FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific Inc. (Fujifilm Holdings Corporation), Genea Limited, Genus plc, Hamilton Thorne Inc., Hi-Tech Solutions, Kitazato Corporation, Pride Angel, Rinovum Women’s Health LLC, Rocket Medical plc, TenderNeeds Fertility LLC and Vitrolife AB
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800