According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Athleisure Market by Type (Mass Athleisure, Premium Athleisure), Product (Yoga Apparels (Tops, Pants, Unitards, Capris, Others) Hoodies, Shirts, Leggings, Shorts, Others), Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), End User (Men, Women, Children), and Region 2023-2028,” the global athleisure market size reached US$ 347.92 Billion in 2022. Athleisure is a fashion trend that blends athletic wear with casual clothing, creating comfortable and stylish outfits suitable for both active pursuits and everyday activities. The term "athleisure" is a portmanteau of "athletic" and "leisure," and it reflects the changing preferences of consumers seeking clothing that offers versatility, functionality, and a modern aesthetic. Athleisure garments often feature moisture-wicking and breathable fabrics, stretchy materials, and ergonomic designs that allow for ease of movement and comfort during workouts, yoga sessions, or any physical activity. This trend has not only reshaped the apparel industry but has also influenced the way people perceive fashion. Brands and designers have responded to the demand for athleisure by innovating and creating stylish activewear collections that seamlessly transition from the gym to social gatherings.
Global Athleisure Market Trends:
The increasing focus on health and fitness among consumers has been a significant driver of the athleisure market. With more people engaging in regular exercise, yoga, and other physical activities, there is a rising demand for clothing that complements these active lifestyles. Athleisure offers functional and performance-oriented apparel, designed with moisture-wicking fabrics and ergonomic features, providing the comfort and flexibility needed during workouts. Additionally, changing dress codes and work culture have played a pivotal role in the rise of athleisure. Athleisure's ability to bridge the gap between activewear and casual clothing makes it a versatile choice for individuals seeking comfortable and stylish outfits that can transition effortlessly between different activities and environments. Moreover, the rise of social media and influencer culture has amplified the appeal of athleisure. Fitness influencers, celebrities, and athletes often showcase their workout routines and daily lives on various platforms, influencing their followers' fashion choices. The endorsement of athleisure by these influential figures has contributed to its widespread adoption and popularity among a broad audience. Additionally, technological advancements and innovation in textile manufacturing have enabled athleisure brands to produce high-quality, performance-driven garments. Fabrics with properties like breathability, stretchability, and durability have become more accessible, enhancing the functionality of athleisure wear and boosting its overall appeal. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 555.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.95% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into mass athleisure and premium athleisure. Currently, mass athleisure represents the most popular type.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into yoga apparels (tops, pants, unitards, capris, others) hoodies, shirts, leggings, shorts, and others. Presently, shirts represented the largest market segment.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into online and offline. Presently, offline holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into men, women, and children. Currently, women hold the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, others), Middle East and Africa, and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others). Amongst these, North America is the leading market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Adidas AG, Alala, Eysom, H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB, Lululemon Athletica Inc., New Balance Athletics Inc., Nike Inc., P.E. Nation International, PUMA SE (Groupe Artemis S.A.), Under Armour Inc., Vuori Inc., and Wear Pact LLC.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
- End User
||Mass Athleisure, Premium Athleisure
||Yoga Apparels (Tops, Pants, Unitards, Capris, Others) Hoodies, Shirts, Leggings, Shorts, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
|End Users Covered
||Men, Women, Children
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adidas AG, Alala, Eysom, H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB, Lululemon Athletica Inc., New Balance Athletics Inc., Nike Inc., P. E Nation International, PUMA SE (Groupe Artémis S.A.), Under Armour Inc., Vuori Inc., Wear Pact LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800