IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Automotive Air Filter Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global automotive air filter market size reached US$ 4.81 Billion in 2021. Air filters are essential automotive components that prevent dirt particles and debris from entering the cabin or engine and causing irreversible damage. They are usually made of a pleated material manufactured from cotton, synthetic paper, or foam and comprise filtration media, such as fabric, sintered metal, or ceramic, which filters the air. They collect and remove dry particulates, contaminants, and other impurities, including microbes, dust, and pollen, from the air as it passes through the filter media. They assist in capturing pollutants, such as dirt, allergens, and insects while preventing contamination and maintaining the air quality inside the vehicle. They also ensure a good mixture of air and fuel to support engine performance and help provide optimal engine power, torque, and low fuel consumption. As a result, automotive air filters are widely used in passenger and commercial vehicles to reduce emissions and improve vehicle performance and longevity.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Automotive Air Filter Market Trends:
The rising preferences for high-end, luxury vehicles with enhanced cabin comfort and multi-filtration systems represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Apart from this, the surging adoption of light commercial vehicles, including pick-up trucks and small vans, instead of heavy-duty trucks and railways for logistics is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, with the growing concerns regarding greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, elevating air pollution levels, and carbon footprint, governments of various countries are introducing supportive policies like stringent vehicle emission and fuel economy regulations. In line with this, the increasing production of automobiles, such as hybrid trucks and electric vehicles (EVs), has accelerated the adoption of automotive air filters. Besides this, the shifting focus toward improving the air intake quality in automobile engines and cabins for higher passenger comfort is contributing to the market growth. In addition, the emerging trends in automotive air filters, such as brake dust filters and transmission filters for automatic transmission systems, have propelled the market growth. Furthermore, the growing popularity of synthetic fiber media that offers superior performance, less sensitivity to water, high separation efficiency, and improved airflow for combustion, resulting in better fuel efficacy and reduced emissions, has augmented the product demand. Other factors, including the significant growth in the automotive industry, inflating consumer expenditure capacities, elevating sales of passenger transport vehicles, continual technological advancements, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 6.6 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.20% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified as air intake and cabin air filters.
- On the basis of propulsion, the market has been bifurcated into ICE and hybrid vehicles, and electric vehicles.
- The market has been segmented based on the vehicle type into passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles.
- Based on the sales channel, the market has been categorized into original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and aftermarket.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, ALCO Filters (Cyprus) Ltd., Cummins Inc., DENSO Corporation, Donaldson Company Inc., Freudenberg & Co. KG, General Motors Company, MAHLE GmbH, Mann+Hummel, Parker Hannifin Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Sogefi SpA, Toyota Boshoku Corporation (Toyota Motor Corporation), and Valeo.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800