According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Automotive Camshaft Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global automotive camshaft market size reached US$ 2,961 Million by 2019. An automotive camshaft is a device that rotates in conjunction with the crankshaft to turn rotational motion into linear motion. It is used to control the input of fuel and the expulsion of exhaust fumes in an internal combustion heat engine with the help of shaped lobes positioned along with it. The rotating lobes present in the camshaft, which are also known as cams, push against the exhaust valves to open them. Their calibration is essential in controlling the amount of air-fuel mixture that enters the engine. Consequently, the lobes and their shapes have a drastic effect on engine performance at varying speeds.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Automotive Camshaft Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising production of automobiles, especially in developing countries, supported by improving living standards and increasing per capita income levels. Several stringent regulations have been implemented by the governments of various countries related to vehicle emission standards. This, in turn, has impelled the manufacturers to introduce lightweight vehicles in the market with reduced carbon emissions and enhanced fuel efficiency. As a result, key players are now launching low-weight camshafts that are expected to optimize the overall performance of the engines, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Along with this, there has been an increasing demand for modern and advanced engines, which is acting as a growth-inducing factor. Numerous prominent brands, including Toyota Motor Corporation, are integrating their engines with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) and Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i) technologies that significantly improve the fuel economy, increase torque and output, and reduce the levels of nitrogen oxide (NOx) and hydrocarbon emissions. Other factors, such as the increasing investments in infrastructural development and widespread adoption of electric vehicles (EVs), are further creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 3,640 Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.5% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the manufacturing technology, the market has been divided into the cast, forged steel and assembled camshafts.
- Based on the vehicle type, the market has been classified into passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into OEMs and aftermarket.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include MAHLE GmbH, JD Norman Industries, Inc., ThyssenKrupp AG, Linamar Corporation, ESTAS CAMSHAFT & CHILLED CAST, Crance Cams, Aichi Forge USA, Inc., Engine Power Components Inc., Hirschvogel Holding GmbH, KAUTEX TEXTRON GmbH & Co. KG, Shadbolt Cams Limited, COMP Performance Group, Precision Camshaft Ltd, Varroc Group, and Camshaft Machine Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal