According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market by Offering Type (Diagnostic Hardware, Diagnostic Software, Diagnostic Services), Tool Type (DIY Diagnostic, OEMS Diagnostics, Professional Diagnostics), Propulsion Type (IC Engine Vehicles, Electric Vehicles), Vehicle Type (Passenger Vehicle, Commercial Vehicle), and Region 2023-2028,” the global automotive diagnostic scan tools market size reached US$ 35.2 Billion in 2022. Automotive diagnostic scan tools are devices used to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with vehicles. These tools use advanced technology that connects to a vehicle's onboard computer system to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), display live data, and perform functions such as reprogramming and coding. Diagnostic scan tools can read and analyze a wide range of data, including engine speed, coolant temperature, and oxygen sensor readings. There are two primary types of diagnostic scan tools: handheld devices and software programs. Among these, handheld devices are portable and easy to use, and they often feature a screen that displays the data gathered from the vehicle. On the other hand, software programs require a computer and a special interface device to connect to the vehicle's onboard computer system.
Global Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market Trends:
The rising demand for advanced diagnostics across the globe due to the increasing complexity of modern vehicles and their wide range of electronic systems and sensors is primarily driving the automotive diagnostic scan tools market growth. Besides this, the surging need for diagnostic scan tools in aftermarket repair and maintenance that can communicate with a vehicle's onboard computer and retrieve data in real time is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the widespread utilization of the onboard diagnostics II (OBD-II) tool that allows global positioning system (GPS) fleet tracking devices to record information is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. In addition to this, innovative technological advancements, such as the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) in automotive diagnostic scan tools to provide more accurate and efficient repairs, real-time information, and predictive maintenance capabilities, are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the implementation of stringent emission regulations by various governing authorities across the globe is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Concurrent with this, the bolstering expansion of the automotive industry, inflating disposable incomes of individuals, and the surging demand for high-end and luxurious vehicles, are aiding in market expansion. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 50.12 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.98% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the offering type, the market has been segregated into diagnostic hardware (scanner, analyzer, tester, code reader, and others), diagnostic software (vehicle system testing software, vehicle tracking and emissions analysis, and others), and diagnostic services (vehicle maintenance and repair, and custom, training, support, and integration). Among these, diagnostic hardware represented the largest segment.
- Based on the tool type, the market is categorized into DIY, OEMS, and professional diagnostics. Between these, professional diagnostics dominate the market.
- On the basis of the propulsion type, the market has been bifurcated into IC engine and electric vehicles. Presently, IC engine vehicles hold the largest market share.
- Based on the vehicle type, the market is divided into passenger and commercial vehicles. Currently, passenger vehicles represent the main vehicle type.
- On a regional basis, the market is led by Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), followed by North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Actia Group, Autel Intelligent Technology Corp. Ltd., AVL DiTEST GmbH (AVL List GmbH), Continental AG, Delphi Technologies (BorgWarner Inc.), Fluke Corporation (Fortive Corporation), Robert Bosch GmbH (Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH), Snap-On Incorporated, Softing AG, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Offering Types Covered
- Diagnostic Hardware: Scanner, Analyzer, Tester, Code Reader, Others
- Diagnostic Software: Vehicle System Testing Software, Vehicle Tracking and Emissions Analysis, Others
- Diagnostic Services: Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, Custom, Training, Support and Integration
|Tool Types Covered
||DIY Diagnostic, OEMS Diagnostics, Professional Diagnostics
|Propulsion Types Covered
||IC Engine Vehicles, Electric Vehicles
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Passenger Vehicle, Commercial Vehicle
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Actia Group, Autel Intelligent Technology Corp. Ltd., AVL DiTEST GmbH (AVL List GmbH), Continental AG, Delphi Technologies (BorgWarner Inc.), Fluke Corporation (Fortive Corporation), Robert Bosch GmbH (Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH), Snap-On Incorporated, Softing AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800