As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Automotive HMI Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global automotive HMI market size reached US$ 19.5 Billion in 2022. Automotive human machine interface (HMI) systems are features and components of car software and hardware that allow drivers and passengers to engage with the vehicle. It is a collection of functional elements, such as instrument cluster, head unit, and head-up display (HUD), that interact and connect with various systems and components, including display units, sensors, speech recognition solutions, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), steering-mounted controls, navigation touchscreens, and visual and acoustic interfaces. Automotive HMI is secure, user-friendly, and customizable. They also provide users with better vehicle control, translate user input, and offer information about the surroundings. They are critical in enhancing the overall driving experience by providing intuitive and seamless access to various features and functions. In addition to this, automotive HMI systems incorporate advanced technologies, such as voice recognition, gesture control, and haptic feedback, to provide a more immersive and interactive experience. Currently, they are categorized based on their functions and access types, such as standard and multimodal HMI.
Global Automotive HMI Market Trends:
The automotive industry has witnessed a significant expansion in recent years, leading to an increased demand for customized in-vehicle digital systems and autonomous vehicles. This, in turn, represents one of the key factors bolstering the market growth. Moreover, the introduction of head-up displays (HUDs) with 2D and 3D graphics and the integration of augmented reality (AR), artificial intelligence (AI), and various HMI technologies, such as keyless entry, power seat controls, occupation detection, and voice recognition systems, with automotive HMI is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing number of road accidents has led to a rise in the installation of automotive HMI in commercial and passenger vehicles to promote safer driving practices, which, in turn, is accelerating the market growth. Apart from this, collaborations among original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to develop new user experience/user interface (UX/UI) designs for improved human-vehicle interactions and rapid technological advancements are providing an impetus to the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 36.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 10.4% during 2023-2028.
- By the product, the market is divided into instrument cluster, central display, head-up display, and others. Among these, instrument cluster dominates the market.
- On the basis of the access type, the market is bifurcated into standard and multimodal. Currently, multimodal represents the bigger segment.
- Based on technology, the market is segregated into visual interface, acoustic, mechanical, and others. Between these, visual interface holds the largest market share.
- By the vehicle type, the market is categorized into passenger cars and commercial vehicles. At present, passenger car is the biggest vehicle type.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Among these, Asia is leading the global market.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Alps Electric Co. Ltd., Capgemini Engineering (Capgemini SE), Continental Aktiengesellschaft, DENSO Corporation, EAO AG, Faurecia Clarion Electronics Co. Ltd. (Faurecia SE), Harman International Industries (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.), Luxoft (DXC Technology), Marelli Holdings Co. Ltd., Panasonic Holdings Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH (Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH), Valeo and Visteon Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Access Type, Technology, Vehicle Type, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alps Electric Co. Ltd., Capgemini Engineering (Capgemini SE), Continental Aktiengesellschaft, DENSO Corporation, EAO AG, Faurecia Clarion Electronics Co. Ltd. (Faurecia SE), Harman International Industries (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.), Luxoft (DXC Technology), Marelli Holdings Co. Ltd., Panasonic Holdings Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH (Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH), Valeo and Visteon Corporation.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800