According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ Automotive Logistics Market by Type (Finished Vehicles, Automotive Parts), Activity (Warehousing and Handling, Transportation and Handling), Mode of Transport (Roadways, Airways, Maritime, Railway), Logistics Solution (Inbound Logistics, Outbound Logistics, Reverse Logistics, Aftermarket Logistics), Distribution (Domestic, International), and Region 2023-2028,” the global automotive logistics market size reached US$ 266.9 Billion in 2022. Automotive logistics refers to the efficient management and coordination of the transportation, storage, and distribution of vehicles, parts, and components throughout the automotive supply chain. It helps ensure the seamless movement of products from manufacturers to dealerships and end consumers. Automotive logistics encompasses various activities, including inbound logistics for acquiring raw materials and components, outbound logistics for delivering finished vehicles to dealerships, and aftermarket logistics for distributing spare parts and accessories. This complex process involves multiple stakeholders, including manufacturers, suppliers, third-party logistics providers, and transportation companies. The automotive logistics market assists in optimizing supply chain operations, reducing lead times, minimizing costs, and enhancing customer satisfaction by ensuring timely and reliable delivery of automotive products.
Global Automotive Logistics Market Trends:
The global automotive logistics market is witnessing significant growth, primarily impelled by the rising demand for efficient supply chain solutions. Besides this, with the rapid expansion of the automotive sector and the increasing vehicle production and international trade, automotive manufacturers are seeking reliable and specialized logistics services to manage the transportation of vehicles and components across borders, creating a favorable outlook for market expansion. Moreover, the surge in vehicle sales, necessitating robust logistics infrastructure to support the distribution and fulfillment processes, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the shift towards just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing and lean production practices has accentuated the importance of efficient logistics in the automotive industry, strengthening the market growth. Concurrent with this, the growing emphasis on reducing inventory levels and lead times necessitates smooth coordination between suppliers and assembly plants. This fuels the demand for automotive logistics providers to guarantee the timely delivery of components to production lines, enabling manufacturers to maintain ideal inventory levels and enhance production efficiency. Additionally, the rising complexity of the automotive supply chain, coupled with the increasing demand for customization and personalization, has contributed to the need for flexible and agile logistics solutions. Apart from this, the surging demand for eco-friendly logistics practices in the automotive industry, such as the adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles, alternative fuels, and optimized routing, due to the expanding focus on sustainability and escalating environmental concerns, is creating a positive outlook for market expansion. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 382.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.23% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into finished vehicles and automotive parts. Currently, automotive parts dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the activity, the market has been divided into warehousing and handling and transportation and handling. At present, transportation and handling holds the majority of the global share.
- Based on the mode of transport, the market is categorized into roadways, airways, maritime, and railway. Among these, railway represents the biggest market segment.
- On the basis of the logistics solution, the market has been segregated into inbound logistics, outbound logistics, reverse logistics, and aftermarket logistics.
- Based on the distribution, the market is classified into domestic and international. Currently, domestic holds the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Presently, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being BLG Logistics Group AG & Co. KG, Bollore Logistics (Bolloré SE), C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc., CEVA Logistics (CMA CGM), CFR Rinkens LLC, Dachser Group SE & Co. KG, Deutsche Post DHL Group, DSV A/S, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics SE & Co. KG, Kerry Logistics Network Ltd. (SF Express Co. Ltd.), Kuehne + Nagel International AG, Neovia Logistics Services LLC, Nippon Express Co. Ltd., Penske Logistics Inc. (Penske Truck Leasing Co. L.P.), Ryder System Inc., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Mode of Transport
- Logistics Solution
||Finished Vehicles, Automotive Parts
||Warehousing and Handling, Transportation and Handling
|Mode of Transports Covered
||Roadways, Airways, Maritime, Railway
|Logistics Solutions Covered
||Inbound Logistics, Outbound Logistics, Reverse Logistics, Aftermarket Logistics
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BLG Logistics Group AG & Co. KG, Bollore Logistics (Bolloré SE), C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc., CEVA Logistics (CMA CGM), CFR Rinkens LLC, Dachser Group SE & Co. KG, Deutsche Post DHL Group, DSV A/S, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics SE & Co. KG, Kerry Logistics Network Ltd. (SF Express Co. Ltd.), Kuehne + Nagel International AG, Neovia Logistics Services LLC, Nippon Express Co. Ltd., Penske Logistics Inc. (Penske Truck Leasing Co. L.P.), Ryder System Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800