IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Automotive Plastics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global automotive plastics market size reached US$ 40.6 Billion in 2022. Automotive plastics are specialty materials designed to improve vehicle performance, safety, structure, aesthetics, and functionality. Some commonly used automotive plastics include polyurethane (PU), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polypropylene (PP), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), nylon, polyethylene (PE), polyoxymethylene (POM), and polycarbonate (PC). They help enhance design flexibility, extend the life of automobiles, lower manufacturing costs, and facilitate the integration of components. They also assist in reducing the weight of vehicles by replacing heavy materials, such as metal and glass, to improve fuel efficiency and save energy. As a result, automotive plastics are widely employed in manufacturing dashboards, fuel tanks, carpet fibers, wheel covers, suspension bushings, headlamp lenses, truck bed liners, mud flaps, bumpers, and gears.
Global Automotive Plastics Market Trends:
The surging sales of luxury and premium cars due to inflating consumer expenditure capacities, elevating living standards, and rapid urbanization represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the growing adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles (EVs/HVs) owing to the rising environmental concerns has augmented the demand for automotive plastics. In addition, governments of various countries are implementing stringent fuel economy and emission regulations for vehicles, which have compelled automakers to adopt lightweight materials, such as plastics, for weight reduction. Along with this, the shifting consumer inclination toward the lightweight, fuel-efficient, and affordable automobiles has accelerated the adoption of automotive plastics. Furthermore, several key players are investing in research and development (R&D) activities to formulate new, advanced, high-performance plastics for the expanding automotive industry. In line with this, the increasing adoption of recycled plastics for manufacturing seat cushions, replacement bumpers, splash guards, and wheel liners has catalyzed market growth. Apart from this, the surging use of bio-based plastics and polymers instead of fossil-based plastics to reduce carbon footprint and promote sustainability is contributing to market growth. Other factors, including the rising usage of nylon to fabricate seat belts and airbags owing to its tear-resistant properties, rapid expansion in the plastics industry, and technological advancements, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 53.9 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the vehicle type, the market has been bifurcated into conventional and traditional, and electric vehicles.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been classified into polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyurethane (PU), polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), polycarbonate (PC), polyamide, and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the application into powertrain, electrical components, interior furnishings, exterior furnishings, under the hood, and chassis.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Asahi Kasei Corporation, BASF SE, Borealis AG, Covestro AG, Dow Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lanxess AG, Lear Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, Solvay S.A., and Teijin Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Vehicle Type, Material, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Asahi Kasei Corporation, BASF SE, Borealis AG, Covestro AG, Dow Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lanxess AG, Lear Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, Solvay S.A and Teijin Limited.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800