According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Automotive Sunroof Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global automotive sunroof market size reached US$ 9.9 Billion in 2022. Automotive sunroofs refer to solid, movable panels installed in the roof of automobiles that open up to allow natural light and fresh air to enter the interior cabin. They can be motor-driven or manually operated and are typically available in transparent and opaque variants. They either pop up, slide open, tilt, or fold to uncover the opening on the top of the vehicle. In recent years, automotive sunroofs have gained immense popularity among consumers and automakers to enhance the overall aesthetics, provide ventilation, improve passenger comfort, and add value to the vehicle.
Global Automotive Sunroof Market Trends:
The surging sales of premium and luxury vehicles due to rapid urbanization, improving lifestyles, and elevating income levels represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Besides this, the shifting consumer preferences toward enhanced driving experience and the expanding automotive industry are other major growth-inducing factors. Additionally, individuals are increasingly spending on adequate ventilation and brighter vehicle interiors for improved aesthetics, especially the younger population. In line with this, the rising adoption of sunroofs in sport utility vehicles has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the leading automobile manufacturers are focusing on design upgrades and material advancements to reduce overall vehicle weight and provide stability. They are also introducing panorama sunroof airbag systems to enhance passenger safety by preventing occupants from falling out through the roof in case of accidents or rollovers. Apart from this, several product innovations, such as the launch of solar automotive sunroofs and the integration of rain sensors to enable auto sunroof closing, have catalyzed the market growth. Other factors, including the growing usage of sunroofs in electric vehicles (EVs), increasing automobile production, emerging car customization trends, escalating demand for passenger cars, and technological advancements, are also creating a favorable outlook for the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 15.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.85% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into built-in, tilt and slide, panoramic, and other sunroof systems.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been categorized into glass, fabric, and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the operation into automatic and manually operated.
- Based on the vehicle type, the market has been classified as mid-range and premium and luxury vehicles.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Aisin Corporation, Automotive Sunroof-Customcraft (ASC) Inc., Beijing Automotive Group Co. Ltd., BOS Group, CIE Automotive SA, Inteva Products LLC, Johnan America Inc., Magna International Inc., MITSUBA Corporation, Webasto SE and Yachiyo Industry Co. Ltd. (Honda Motor Company Ltd.).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Material, Operation, Vehicle Type, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aisin Corporation, Automotive Sunroof-Customcraft (ASC) Inc., Beijing Automotive Group Co. Ltd., BOS Group, CIE Automotive, Inteva Products LLC, Johnan America Inc., Magna International Inc., MITSUBA Corporation, Webasto SE and Yachiyo Industry Co. Ltd. (Honda Motor Company Ltd.)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal