The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Avalanche Photodiode Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global avalanche photodiode market size is expected to reach US$ 166.1 Million by 2021. Avalanche photodiode (APDs) refers to a highly responsive semiconductor detector that uses photoelectric effect to change light into electricity. As compared to the standard photodiode, the avalanche photodiode has higher sensitivity. It is portable, lightweight, and capable of functioning in severe environmental conditions unlike photomultiplier tubes. It is apt for photon counting and extreme low-level light detection and generally requires little or no cooling. In recent years, the demand for avalanche photodiodes has increased immensely due to their extensive application in various industry verticals, including telecommunication, industrial, aerospace and defense and healthcare.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. the observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Avalanche Photodiode Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the advantages offered by avalanche photodiode, which include easy installation, affordability, higher quantum efficiency, insensitivity to magnetic fields, larger active detection area, better signal-to-noise ratio, and linear response range. Additionally, the employment of avalanche photodiodes in various applications, such as quantum sensing for azid-based control algorithms, long-range fiber-optic telecommunication, laser rangefinders and positron emission tomography, is contributing to the market growth. Other than this, the utilization of APDs in diagnostic devices and systems in healthcare is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the use of optics in research and development (R&D) activities is driving the market growth. In line with this, technological improvements and digitalization in the telecom sector due to the large-scale deployment of fiber optic networks are also escalating the product adoption rate. Other growth-inducing factors include increasing focusing on organic growth strategies by key players, including products and event approvals and launches, and acquisitions, and partnerships and collaborations to gain a competitive edge in the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 201.8 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.12% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the material, the market has been divided into silicon, germanium, InGaAs, and other materials.
- On the basis of the sales channel, the market has been segmented into OEMs and aftermarket.
- The market has been segregated into aerospace and defense, telecommunication, healthcare, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Excelitas Technologies Corp., First Sensor AG (TE Connectivity), Global Communication Semiconductors LLC, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Kyoto Semiconductor Co. Ltd., Laser Components (Photona GmbH), Lumentum Operations LLC, Luna Innovations, OSI Systems Inc., Rensesas Electronics Corporation, and SiFotonics Technologies Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800