According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Baby Diaper Rash Cream Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global baby diaper rash cream market reached a value of US$ 1.4 Billion in 2021. A baby diaper rash cream is used to treat skin irritations and infections among infants, which is usually triggered by friction, chemical allergies, prolonged wetness and bacterial infection caused by frequent use of diapers. Comprising vitamins, mineral oils and natural skin soothers, including beeswax, calendula and aloe vera, these creams create an impermeable barrier to block moisture, which treats and prevents dry, rough and itchy skin. The antibacterial components of the cream aid in soothing the toddler’s skin while assisting in the revival and treatment of the inflamed patch. These products also form a protective barrier between the infant’s skin and potential irritants, which aids in the prevention of skin irritations in the near future.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Baby Diaper Rash Cream Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing consciousness regarding the importance of health and hygiene among young parents. The prolonged occurrence of diaper rash, or diaper dermatitis, in toddlers, can often lead to the development of chronic conditions such as cellulitis. Since a majority of the users are now becoming aware of the adverse effects and severity of these rashes, this has facilitated the uptake of baby diaper rash creams across the globe. In addition to this, inflating disposable income levels of the consumers and enhanced focus toward the use of natural products, which are free from parabens, phthalates, silicones, petrochemicals, artificial preservatives and other synthetic additives have contributed to the demand for natural and organic options of rash creams in the market. Consequently, numerous manufacturers have invested in the development of organic variants with natural ingredients, such as jojoba, sunflower seed, almond and calendula oils. They are also heavily investing in promotional campaigns to expand their existing consumer-base, as well as in strategic partnerships to launch safer, efficient and innovative products, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. The improving infrastructure of organized retail and e-commerce platforms is expected to further contribute to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.0 Billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 6.82% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the gender, the market has been bifurcated into female and male, wherein the male segment exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into zinc oxide-based and zinc oxide free baby diaper rash creams, wherein zinc oxide-based creams represent the most preferred product.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialist retailers, medical retailers, online stores and others. Among these, supermarkets and hypermarkets account for the majority of the overall market share.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others). At present, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Beiersdorf AG, Bepanthen (Bayer AG), Bio Veda Action Research Co., Burt's Bees (The Clorox Company), Cetaphil, Chicco USA Inc. (Artsana USA Inc.), Johnson & Johnson, Mission Pharmacal Company, Mustela, NUK, Sebapharma GmbH & Co. KG, Sudocrem (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd), Summers Laboratories Inc., The Himalaya Drug Company, W.S. Badger Company, and Weleda International.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal