According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Bakery Fats Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global bakery fats market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during 2022-2027. Bakery fats are various hydrogenated fat- and oil-based ingredients that are widely incorporated in baked and confectionery products to enhance their flakiness, texture, and aroma. At present, they are broadly categorized into solid and liquid fat types. Amongst these, solid bakery fats include stick margarine, butter, lard, and shortening, whereas liquid products include various neutral flavored oils, such as vegetable and grape seed. These components assist in providing an impervious layer to products, modifying batter aeration, manipulating dough size, ensuring better dough plasticity, and maintaining the chemical, physical and nutritional properties of baked goods. Along with this, bakery fats perpetuate the baking process, offer improved resistance to staling, and impart a creamy sensation, richness, and tenderness. As a result, they are used in several confectionery products, such as short pastries, cakes, bread, buns, rolls, and cookies.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Bakery Fats Market Trends:
The rapid expansion in the food and beverage (F&B) sector and the increasing consumption of baked and confectionery products, owing to their various health benefits and nutritional profile, are some of the factors primarily driving the market growth. This can be further attributed to the rising need for ready-to-eat (RTE), convenient food products due to evolving consumer preferences, changing dietary patterns, and hectic lifestyles. In line with this, the continuous establishment of bakeries, quick-service restaurants (QSRs), and confectionery shops are further supplementing product demand. Additionally, manufacturers are introducing innovative product variants with enhanced quality to formulate premium baked goods, which, in turn, is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, significant technological advancements, such as the extensive utilization of emulsifiers, oil storage systems, and pasteurization units that aid in preparing several bakery fats in batches without affecting product quality, are propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the adoption of online distribution channels by manufacturers to sell bakery fats over brick-and-mortar shopping to expand their reach, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, is positively stimulating the market growth. Apart from this, the large-scale implementation of aggressive marketing strategies, including celebrity endorsements, and strategic collaborations amongst key players to enhance product efficacy are creating a positive outlook for the market.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segregated into margarine, shortening, bakery oils, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution, the market has been segmented direct sales, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores, retail stores, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been bifurcated into commercial and residential.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being AAK (UK) Limited, Cargill, ConAgra, CSM Bakery Solutions, Fuji Oil Co. Ltd., Goodman Fielder, Premium Vegetable Oils Sdn Bhd, Unilever, Wilmar International, etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800