According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Balsa Core Materials Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global balsa core materials market reached a value of US$ 235.2 Million in 2021. Balsa core materials are economical, lightweight, and load-carrying honeycomb-like structures derived from the balsa tree. They can be configured into flexible end grain panels by arranging a plurality of lumber sticks in cross-sections, pressing layers, comprising binding agents, and maintaining pressure, as per the requirement. Balsa core materials are eco-friendly and offer several benefits, including high compression, optimal mechanical strength, stiffness, and extreme temperature, moisture, and fire resistance. They are extensively utilized for various applications, including boat production, composite panels, wind turbine blades, and aircraft, helicopter, and hovercraft construction. At present, balsa core materials are commercially available in varying densities, thicknesses, and forms.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Balsa Core Materials Trends:
The increasing demand for cost-effective, lightweight components with high insulating properties across various industrial verticals, including transportation, marine, and aerospace, is primarily driving the market growth. This is further supported by the growing awareness amongst consumers regarding the ecological benefit of the product over traditional counterparts, such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and carbon core materials. Furthermore, the rising demand for environment-friendly generation systems, supported by the implementation of stringent government regulations to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, are propelling the market growth. Additionally, considerable expansion in the automotive industry and the growing need for lightweight automobiles with enhanced fuel efficiency are facilitating product adoption. Moreover, ongoing establishment of commercial complexes and significant investments in infrastructural projects have resulted in the widespread adoption of balsa core materials for structural sandwich applications, owing to its high aspect ratio, rigidity, and tensile strength, which is supporting the market growth. Other factors, such as improving international trade activities enabling the import and export of eco-friendly raw materials and strategic collaborations amongst key players to engineer balsa core materials with noise-controlling characteristics, are positively stimulating the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors,?the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 311.7 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.50% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into monolayer and multilayer.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into rigid and contoured end-grain.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into wind energy, aerospace, marine, transportation, construction, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3A Composites (Schweiter Technologies), Bcomp Ltd., Carbon-Core Corp., CoreLite Inc., Diab International AB, Gurit Holding AG, I-Core Composites LLC and Nord Compensati srl.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal