According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Bath Soap Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global bath soap market size reached US$ 20 Billion in 2019. Bath soaps refer to cleaning agents that are prepared using a combination of alkalis, such as caustic soda and caustic potash. Some of the other ingredients used in their formulation include glycerin, vegetable or animal fats and other additives, including allantoin, propylene glycol, sodium laureth sulfate and triethanolamine. These components play an important role in unclogging pores, removing debris and dirt, and conditioning the skin for a healthier appearance. Widely available in the form of bars and flakes, they are used by individuals on a regular basis for cleansing and softening the skin and maintaining personal hygiene.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Bath Soap Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing awareness regarding personal hygiene and grooming among the masses. This, along with the increasing global population and improving living standards, is facilitating the uptake of bath soaps. Moreover, numerous innovative product variants have been introduced in the market that are infused with a vast array of fragrances targeted toward specific consumer segments. Several companies are also investing to improve the aesthetic appearance of the packaging by using attractive and vibrant designs and colors. This has aided them to expand their product portfolio and diversify their consumer base. Furthermore, the growing awareness regarding the risks of using soaps with synthetic ingredients has impelled the demand for natural and organic variants on the global level. Coupled with this, the rising trend of product premiumization, individuals are now opting for soaps made with aloe vera, shea butter, sea salt, lavender and calendula. The growing focus on sustainable development has also led numerous players to introduce products in biodegradable and refill packaging solutions, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. The expansion of online and organized retail across the globe is providing an impetus to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into premium and mass products.
- Based on the form, the market has been divided into solid and liquid bath soaps.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies, specialty stores, online and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Among these, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market, accounting for the majority of the total market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Procter & Gamble Company, Unilever PLC, and Colgate-Palmolive Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal