According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Beer Packaging Market by Material Type (Glass, Metal, Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)), Packaging Type (Can, Bottle, Keg, and Others), Form (6-Pack, 4-Pack, 12-Pack), and region 2023-2028,” the global beer packaging market size reached US$ 24.2 Billion in 2022. Beer packaging refers to the process of enclosing and protecting beer for distribution and consumption. It plays a vital role in preserving the quality and integrity of the beverage. Typically, beer is packaged in various formats, including bottles, cans, and kegs. Each type of packaging offers distinct advantages. Bottles are a classic choice, often made from glass, which protects the beer from light and oxygen, maintaining its flavor. Additionally, they come in various sizes, from standard 12-ounce bottles to larger ones for sharing. Cans have gained popularity due to their portability, affordability, and ability to shield beer from light, which can cause off-flavors. Kegs, commonly used in bars and restaurants, hold larger volumes of beer and are perfect for draft systems.
Global Beer Packaging Market Trends:
Changing consumer preferences play a significant role in shaping beer packaging trends. Consumers are increasingly looking for convenience and eco-friendly options. This has led to a surge in demand for cans due to their portability and recyclability. Additionally, sustainability has become a key driver in the beer packaging market. Breweries are adopting eco-friendly materials and practices to reduce their carbon footprint. This includes the use of recycled materials, lightweight packaging, and innovative designs that minimize waste. Other than this, packaging is a vital element of brand identity in the beer industry. Eye-catching designs and unique packaging materials help breweries stand out in a crowded market. Creative labeling and packaging can attract consumers and boost sales. Besides this, the choice of packaging impacts the beer's shelf life and distribution capabilities. Glass bottles offer excellent protection against light and oxygen, while cans are known for their durability and resistance to breakage during transport. In line with this, economic conditions, including inflation and raw material costs, can affect the pricing and availability of packaging materials, which in turn impacts the choices made by breweries. Furthermore, the global beer market is increasingly interconnected, leading to the standardization of packaging formats and the adoption of best practices from different regions. Moreover, stringent regulations regarding alcohol packaging and labeling vary from region to region. Compliance with these regulations is critical for breweries to avoid legal issues and maintain consumer trust. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 30.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the material type, the market has been segmented as glass, metal, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET). Currently, glass represents the most popular material type used in beer packaging.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been divided into can, bottle, keg, and others. Presently, can accounted for the largest market share.
- Based on the form, the market has been segregated into 6-pack, 4-pack, and 12-pack. Currently, 6-pack is the largest segment in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America ( the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Middle East and Africa, and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) Amongst these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Amcor plc, Ardagh Group S.A., Ball Corporation, Berlin Packaging, Carlsberg A/S, Crown Holdings Inc., Nampak Ltd., O-I Glass Inc., Plastipak Holdings Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Verallia, and WestRock Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Material Types Covered
||Glass, Metal, Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
|Packaging Types Covered
||Can, Bottle, Keg, Others
||6-Pack, 4-Pack, 12-Pack
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amcor plc, Ardagh Group S.A., Ball Corporation, Berlin Packaging, Carlsberg A/S, Crown Holdings Inc., Nampak Ltd., O-I Glass Inc., Plastipak Holdings Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Verallia, WestRock Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800