The global beer packaging market size reached US$ 24.2 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 30.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% during 2023-2028. The increasing demand for convenient packaging solutions, the rising demand for premium quality beers and changing lifestyle of consumers represent some of the key factors driving the market growth.
Beer packaging refers to a protective covering used to store, preserve, and transport beers to their desired location without affecting the taste or quality. Bottles, cans, and kegs are some of the commonly used beer packaging solutions. These products are manufactured using materials, such as metal, polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and glass. Beer packaging is widely used to prevent spillage, retain quality, provide protection against moisture and contamination, and prevent vital nutrients. As compared to other traditional packaging, beer packaging is hygienic, aesthetically pleasant, and exhibits higher insulation, durability, cost-effectiveness, and good barrier properties. Besides this, several breweries utilize manual filling processes for beer packing, whereas machine-controlled packaging lines are used in massive breweries.
Beer Packaging Market Trends:
The increasing demand for convenient packaging solutions across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market. Beer packaging solution is widely used to preserve flavors, increase shelf life and prevent damage. In line with this, the rising demand for beer among the young population due to the growing social interactions, celebrations, and cultural gatherings is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of beer packaging solutions, owing to their easy transportation and handling, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of innovative packaging that is aesthetically pleasing and aids in increasing brand visibility is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the launch of new and attractive packaging solutions in alcoholic drinks packaging, such as ceramic glass bottles and recyclable cans, is facilitating the market growth. Furthermore, the rising demand for various sizes of beer packaging solutions, such as pint, half liter, and liter glass bottles, is positively influencing the market growth. Along with this, the changing lifestyle of consumers and rising brand consciousness for imported and premium beers are propelling the market growth. In addition to this, manufacturers are focusing on the development of flexible plastic packaging, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of consumers, the increasing demand for high-quality and premium beers, significant expansion in the e-commerce industry, and the escalating demand for glass bottles as they are recycled, are supporting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global beer packaging market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on material type, packaging type, and form.
Material Type Insights:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the beer packaging market based on the type. This includes glass, metal, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET). According to the report, glass represented the largest segment.
Packaging Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the beer packaging market based on the packaging type has also been provided in the report. This includes can, bottle, keg, and others. According to the report, can accounted for the largest market share.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the beer packaging market based on the form. This includes 6-pack, 4-pack, and 12-pack. According to the report, 6-pack represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for beer packaging. Some of the factors driving the North America beer packaging market included the introduction of innovative packaging solutions, rising expenditure capacities, and the increasing demand for beer among the young population.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global beer packaging market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amcor plc, Ardagh Group S.A., Ball Corporation, Berlin Packaging, Carlsberg A/S, Crown Holdings Inc., Nampak Ltd., O-I Glass Inc., Plastipak Holdings Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Verallia, WestRock Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Material Types Covered
||Glass, Metal, Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
|Packaging Types Covered
||Can, Bottle, Keg, Others
||6-Pack, 4-Pack, 12-Pack
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amcor plc, Ardagh Group S.A., Ball Corporation, Berlin Packaging, Carlsberg A/S, Crown Holdings Inc., Nampak Ltd., O-I Glass Inc., Plastipak Holdings Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Verallia, WestRock Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global beer packaging market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global beer packaging market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive beer packaging markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- What is the competitive structure of the global beer packaging market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global beer packaging market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the beer packaging market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global beer packaging market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the beer packaging industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.